Manager, Direct Marketing
Calgary, AB, Canada Charlottetown, PE, Canada Edmonton, AB, Canada Fredericton, NB, Canada Halifax, NS, Canada Iqaluit, NU, Canada Mississauga, ON, Canada Montreal, QC, Canada Ottawa, ON, Canada Quebec City, QC, Canada Regina, SK, Canada Saint John, NB, Canada Saskatoon, SK, Canada Toronto, ON, Canada Vancouver, BC, Canada Victoria, BC, Canada Whitehorse, YT, Canada Winnipeg, MB, Canada Yellowknife, NT X0E, Canada Virtual Req #647
Saturday, May 15, 2021
Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of 400 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world's most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good:
For Children. For Change. For Life.
Position: Manager, Direct Marketing
Reports to: Director, Experiential Marketing Channels
Position Term: Full time temporary (approximately 12 months)
Deadline: May 31, 2021
Location: Remote within Canada
The Manager, Direct Marketing is responsible for the operational, day to day leadership of direct marketing channels, including but not limited to door-to-door (D2D), retail, street, telemarketing and direct mail in order to achieve established goals for acquisition (sponsorship, pledge products, single gift etc.). Provides leadership for ensuring excellence in execution and optimization of direct marketing channels and is responsible for the operational day-to-day leadership of the D2D, retail, street, telemarketing and direct mail teams with 8 direct reports.
The Manager, Direct Marketing is responsible for the operational day-to-day leadership of external D2D, retail, street, telemarketing and direct mail agencies as well as providing support in onboarding new vendors and contract negotiations, responsible for the planning, execution and strategic direction of Direct Marketing channels, ensure quality control of programs and campaigns within the channels, adhering to industry standards and guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction and insights, support in long-term planning, and investment decisions to achieve annual targets in partnership with Director, Experiential Marketing Channels (including input into the Marketing strategic planning process and the operational plan for Experiential Marketing Channels)
- Create the marketing plan for D2D, retail, street, telemarketing and direct mail, input into the overall marketing plan with Director, Experiential Marketing Channels and the Integrated Marketing Strategy team
- Develop and oversee execution of D2D, retail, street, telemarketing and direct mail annual strategy to achieve organizational goals alongside SEAT teams. Manage the Direct Marketing Centre of Excellence.
- Propose direct marketing solutions / creative approaches for segment marketing to SEAT teams and execute approved plans/budgets
- Develop and manage D2D, retail, street, telemarketing and direct mail annual budgets, ensuring spend does not exceed allocated amount
- Be accountable for Direct Marketing campaign performance against goals
- Manage: tele fundraising upgrade, reactivation and single gift conversion campaigns; retail experiential and acquisition activations; door to door and street canvassing campaigns; direct mail campaigns including email and landing pages, and provide leadership to the Direct Marketing execution teams.
- Oversee flawless execution of highly complex Direct Marketing campaigns (retention and acquisition) to achieve WVC vision and mission of enabling donor and income growth.
- Manages the oversight of all aspects of the campaign process, from concept development to completion. This will include creative briefs, ensuring creative is on strategy, ensuring expense budgets are adhered to, stakeholder approvals, accuracy in data process and timely internal campaign communications.
- Plans the development of Direct Marketing strategy based on historical campaign analysis, customer persona/ segments that is inclusive of multicultural and language requirements, fund alignment requirements and balances maximizing matching grant revenue (gross income) against optimized overall ROI (net income).
- Creates and manages the Direct Marketing expense budgets to ensure stewardship best practices and an effective ROI; this includes working closely with finance team to provide reprojections as needed.
- Oversees coordination and execution of channel testing for new / enhanced products in collaboration with the New Product & Channel Innovation and Products team. Incorporate new products into Direct Marketing and support training and rollout of these with internal and external partners.
- Develop strong relationships with the goal of establishing a trusting, long-term partnership with external vendors to achieve annual goals, manage results, realize cost efficiencies and gather performance metrics to encourage positive growth for WVC. This position works closely with agency partners and key stakeholders across the organization to ensure a high level of donor satisfaction, accountability and quality execution.
- Work with Customer Data & Insights to manage revenue projections for Direct Marketing channels, track ongoing progress against goals, ensuring KPIs are understood, variances are flagged, and recommendations to improve results are communicated and documented.
- Using data from Insights team, create the direct mail revenue performance (proforma) forecast to identify growth opportunities based on past campaign performance and test results.
- Monitors campaign performance and facilitates post campaign analysis, providing recommendations to pivot when campaigns underperform.
- Closely monitors campaign results and identifies areas of opportunity for testing; develops testing plan and oversees execution to improve campaign performance.
- Build a thorough understanding of customer segments and personas in order to target Direct Marketing efforts.
- Assess existing marketing materials, and based on results, work with Director, Experiencial Marketing Channels and Brand & Creative Solutions teams to enhance and update.
- Liaise with Global counterparts to share best practices and leverage strategic insights for the Canadian market.
- Develop and maintain Direct Marketing business processes with the Marketing Operations & Processes team.
- Collaborate with Campaign Management team to support national and brand campaigns as needed
- align Direct Marketing campaigns with national and or city campaigns where applicable.
- Collaborate with Procurement and external vendors to develop annual contracts and co-lead vendor RFPs as needed.
- Part of the Emergency Response team; develops direct mail strategy, creative and copy as well as ensuring internal and external partners are equipped to quickly mobilize in an event of an emergency. This includes being available outside of normal working hours.
- Manage 8 direct reports.
- 6 years of fundraising/marketing experience (ideally for a sizable non-profit) with a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business with a specialization in Marketing or Sales.
- Ideal candidate will have some experience working as a frontline fundraiser in a face-to-face environment.
- Ideal candidate will have some experience working in tele fundraising and direct mail.
- Proven track record of results and ability to build strong relationships with internal and external teams in a fast paced / high stress environment.
- Experience developing and leading multifunctional teams.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to translate analytics into strategy and action.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, financial, project management and analytical skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world
- and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
Canada's Top 100 GTA's Top 10
Our Core Values: We are committed to the Poor. We are Christian. We are Stewards. We value People. We are Partners. We are Responsive.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.