Job Description :
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You're part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You'll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you'll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It's our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that's trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Associate Specialist, Business Development Solutions.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
We're looking for a skilled career individual to join a dynamic team focused on sales training and process improvement where you'll connect with some of the most creative people in the industry.
The Associate Specialist, Business Development Solutions, will work closely with various areas within Business Development and other departments within Group Customer to support field offices, external and internal events, design training materials (e-learning lessons, facilitator guides, learner materials, evaluation materials, etc.) to help meet the key objectives of Business Development.
What you will do
Training and Development Design Solutions
- Work in partnership with internal teams to support development of training programs, tools, and processes to meet the needs and objectives of specific target audiences (advisors, field management and operational support)
- Design learning solutions recommending various delivery vehicles (classroom, online, blended learning)
- Support development of cost effective & efficient training programs
- Design the learning evaluation, learning materials and media
- Support ?pilot? of new training programs and finalize and produce ongoing learning materials
- Collect program feedback by building surveys to determine effectiveness of training
- Maintaining all training materials & make improvements based on facilitator, trainee and leader feedback
Business Development Process Improvement
- Support training programs such as loading materials, editing materials and posting materials
- Support of large BD events, logistics, invites, attendee lists, hosting calls, presenting, producing on Teams (Office 365 knowledge a must)
- Editing of videos used for training purposes
- Uploading of content to SharePoint for organizational development
Support rollout of new products and programs to Business Development
- Support creation of project plans for training initiatives that touch multiple business partners in order to implement to the field
- Record and manage project issues and escalate to the project team, and direct leader where necessary
- Work with team members and leader to provide input on proposed solutions for strategic initiative timelines
- Coordinate content/speakers/technology tools for Business Development meetings
- Have deep knowledge on all BD training initiatives within Field strategies and apply consistency of approach for sales and service role training.
- Liaise with, and provide progress updates to, project sponsors and senior leaders
What you will bring
- Experience in Group Insurance would be an asset
- Proficient in all MS Office 365 suite of products including developing presentations in PowerPoint and strong knowledge of Excel
- Is very familiar with current adult learning theories and practices (Certificate in adult education or 3 years of relevant experience is an asset)
- Experience with Learning Management software (e.g. Lectora) , Knowledge Management software (e.g. SharePoint) as well as eLearning design tools (e.g. Camtasia, Snagit, Vyond / GoAnimate) is an asset
- Stays on top of new development and delivery technology and trends. learns and applies new techniques frequently
- Prepares learning and development materials (facilitator materials, learner materials, curriculums, job aids), assesses effectiveness and is able to update as necessary
- Applies creativity and clear communication writing skills
- Demonstrates ability to communicate and collaborate with various peers and leaders across various departments
- Able to multi- task & work efficiently within restrictive timelines and can account for timeline variances
- Responds positively to organizational, departmental, and process change
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we're one of Canada's leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted