KUBRA is in growth mode and currently seeking a talented Technical Writer to work alongside our Engineering and Product Management teams.
As a Technical Writer, you will produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products. The Technical Writer works collaboratively with Developers, Product Managers, and the QA, Front End, and Design teams to document our software and the product development process.
KUBRA's hiring efforts will continue during the COVID-19 pandemic. Any face-to-face stages of our interview process will be virtual via video conferenceWhat you get to do every day:
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Focus on and organize technical information into a clear and understandable format
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on re-use and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain a comprehensive library of product documentation including user guides, support manuals, technical reference guides, and development standards
- Contribute to and apply a company Style Guide
- Contribute to internal training materials
- Provide input for working on diagrams and product design
- Ensure documentation has proper format and is grammatically correct
- May assist Marketing, Project Managers, or Product teams with writing and editing What kind of person should you be?:
- Ability to deliver high- quality documentation with attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text, diagrams, and screenshots
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and an ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism in all communications
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Basic familiarity with the software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with Markdown format, GitHub, or JIRA is preferred
- Familiarity with maintaining an online documentation repository using either a Content Management System or a static web site generator and hosting What skills do you need?:
- 3-5 years of technical writing experience
- Proven work experience in technical writing of software documentation
- University degree in Technical Writing, English, Computer Science, Engineering, or another related field, or equivalent experience What can you expect from us?:
- A unique, supportive, and flexible work environment
- Challenges related to working in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Confidence to take risks when we see potential
- A management team that cares about people
- An extensive orientation program including job shadowing from your first 30 days up to six months
- A chance to join the occasional beach volleyball game or board game night
We are a fast-growing and dynamic company offering customer experience management solutions to some of the largest utility, insurance and government entities across North America. Our portfolio of meter-to-cash and outage communication solutions includes billing and payment, mapping, mobile apps and proactive customer communications solutions for customers. With more than 1 billion customer experiences annually, we have the ability to provide performance-driven value to more than 550 clients every day.
Our office is small enough to allow creative individuals to flourish, yet large enough to provide long-term stability. We place a tremendous amount of responsibility on our team members to be productive, focused and self-motivated. We offer a casual work environment, competitive compensation and a stellar benefits program.
KUBRA is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request by emailing the via Isarta. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.