Job Description :
Advisor, Executive Communications
- Marketing and Communications
Contract Duration : 13 Months
We are looking for a seasoned communications professional to counsel and support members of our Executive Leadership Team. The successful candidate will be a smart, strategic thinker who is also an exceptionally skilled writer and storyteller.
You will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of strategic communications for members of the Executive Leadership Team.
You will be accountable for....
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to executives on communications to key stakeholder groups, including employees, residents, businesses and Regional Council.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating executive communications plans to strengthen the Region's reputation by effectively engaging with staff and stakeholders.
- Developing high profile, strategic speeches for internal and external audiences.
- Collaborating with other communications advisors as well as colleagues and partners from across the Region and externally to ensure the Executive Leadership Team is delivering clear, consistent messages that are relevant, effective and inspiring.
- Managing all aspects of executive communications from the planning, researching, writing and editing of communications, to the oversight of event logistics, to the development of presentations, background materials and social media.
- Measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of executive communications and recommend improvements.
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Business Administration, Public Administration or equivalent professional work experience with demonstrated success
- At least 8 years of related experience including a minimum of 5 years writing /communications experience, preferably in the government sector
- Proven speechwriter with experience supporting senior executives in a diverse environment
- Strategic, systems thinker who is adept at connecting dots and integrating information
- Experience with crisis communications and media relations
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals of all professional levels and diverse experience
- Ability to capture the speaker's voice and craft speeches that support their message, their image and the Region's image
- Well versed in digital communications, social media and web-based tools and techniques
- Knowledge of and experience with communications theory, techniques, planning methods and practices as well as communications strategy development
- Knowledge of and experience with change management theory and practice
- Knowledge of and experience with stakeholder analysis
- Proven project management and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning and coordinating skills
- Ability to build and foster collaborative working relationships
- Ability to adapt writing to different audiences and formats
- Ability to conversationally weave complex material and information into speaking points in an understandable way
- Solid understanding of key strategic issues, corporate priorities and corporate communications objectives and plans
- Strong research and fact-checking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly flexible and comfortable working with ambiguity, frequently changing time frames and short deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage work under tight deadlines.
If this opportunity matches your qualifications and experience, please apply on-line.
Location: Due to Covid-19, most of our offices are currently closed to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and community. As such, this position will be required to work remotely for an undetermined period. Once our offices re-open you will report to 10 Peel Centre Drive.
Hours: 35 hours/week. Occasional weekend or evening coverage may be required.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the Region's ongoing commitment to health and safety, there are enhanced Covid-19 specific safety protocols and/or personal protective equipment requirements (e.g. masks, eye protection, etc.) in place to help protect health and safety. The additional requirements are determined based on the nature of the work being carried out.About Us :
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 173,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is ?Community for Life.? Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca.
Additional Information :
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone's contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant's responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.