Requisition ID: 105165
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
- Marketing, Communications or Human Resources
4-Month Fall Internship (September-December 2021)
Deadline to Apply: June 1st, 2021
Video Interview and Plum Assessment: June 1st, 2021
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is among the largest banks in the world and the most international bank in Canada. We are powered by our 100,000 high-performing (and awesome) teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. Together with our Digital Factories around the world, we are dedicated to helping our 25 million customers become better-off.
This is a place where you'll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we're passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy. Say hello to a career at Scotiabank.
What Can I Expect from the Velocity Strategic Functions Program?
Are you looking to launch your career in Marketing, Communications or Human Resources?
Are you someone who enjoys being in a creative space or are passionate about relationship building?
Do you envision yourself working in a collaborative and curios environment where you can create impact? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this is the place for you!
Project Management Support
- Support team by planning and coordinating day to day activities and provide any additional support.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timelines/work back schedules are respected for on time delivery
- Ensure accuracy in all documentations and deliverables
- Provide other support as needed
Analysis and Tracking Support
- Analyze results/ findings for process improvements
- Summarize results and highlight wins and key opportunities of bank initiatives
- Assist in development of report to share with internal and external partners
- You are curious and have a passion to win
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, relationship building and listening skills
- Ability to clearly communicate components of any project to external suppliers, partners, clients and external and internal groups
- Ability to manage and execute projects across a broad portfolio with time critical deadlines, attention to detail and a bias to action
- Ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team environment that can include many reporting levels and varying skills/competencies
- Savvy with Microsoft office suite products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc.)
How To Apply:
For students, we are focused on learning about who you are and what you're interested in to uncover your true potential. In short, we don't believe resumes will provide us with an accurate depiction of what you're truly about to properly assess your potential. Instead we want to get to know YOU and hear about the experiences that have shaped you. We know... this might sound crazy but for students applying to one of our campus programs we are no longer requiring resumes. Instead we ask that as part of your application, you complete the below:
- Complete your PLUM Profile : Please Click Here to complete your PLUM
- Save your PLUM Profile as a PDF.
- Complete a short one-way video interview: Please Click Here to Complete your Video Interview
- Apply to the role through our career site.
- Upload a PDF of your PLUM profile instead of your resume when applying.
We welcome all applications, but can only respond to candidates selected for an interview. Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
**In order to be considered for the program you must submit your PLUM Assessment and Video Interview by no later than June 1st, 2021.**
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.