In this age of "data overload", its more critical than ever to communicate technical information in a streamlined and clear manner, using the latest web and social media technologies.
Fortinet is looking for an Intermediate Level Technical Communicator to join our team in Burnaby. The successful candidate will create technical articles, documentation and user-facing materials to enhance knowledge transfer of new products, software releases and use cases.
You must have outstanding English language skills, a curiosity for technology, a passion for creating useful technical content, and an interest in single-sourcing content. You must also possess the ability to document features by reading specifications, talking to subject matter experts, and using the software.
The successful candidate will work closely with Product Managers, Developers, QA, and others to understand new features, use cases, and customer scenarios in order to:
- Write and publish user guides, reference materials, and use-case scenarios for new product releases
- Write conceptual and procedural content
- Use images to supplement descriptive content, and deliver a user experience aligned with how customers want to consume the content
- Experience working in software development environments and possesses an understanding of web development communication tools
- Ability to convert complex technical information into clean, concise, and coherent end-user documentation in plain English
- Passion / curiousity of web development, scripting, and other technologies used for web and social media communication
- Strong command of standard American English grammar and usage
- Experience using some or all of the following software: MadCap Flare, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop
- BA or BS degree, preferably in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, MIS, English, or a related field