Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Company: Li-Cycle Corp.
Location: Head Office
- Toronto, ON
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will help manage Li-Cycle's brand building activities and communications, including online presence, research/writing, and other marketing and public relations activities.
- Social media savvy
- provide social media management, monitoring reports, and other key social media coordination:
- Actively monitor media and news relevant to Li-Cycle's industries (electric vehicles, renewable energy, mining and metals, and more)
- Summarize key news stories on a weekly basis for internal distribution through HubSpot
- Prepare emails and internal newsletters to release through HubSpot
- Coordinate and contribute to impact stories, blog posts, and thought leadership captions for executive leadership team
- Actively write and coordinate social media posts, along with press releases and other corporate news
- Actively update WordPress website with current news and media posts
- Communications and writing:
- Manage early drafts of key messaging documents
- Research award opportunities and draft applications using Li-Cycle's key messaging docs
- Prepare abstracts for presentations and conferences
- Update WordPress, website content, flyers, and other materials on an as-needed basis
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives:
- Draft CSR impact stories for internal and external publication
- Support development of new ideas for CSR initiatives
- Help implement CSR initiatives across organization
- Support internal and external reporting of initiatives implemented
- General digital marketing and communications activities:
- Work closely with external public relations firm on multiple parallel communications activities, including thought leadership and media outreach
- Handle media requests for all digital assets
- Maintain and update the corporate presentation, and MS PowerPoint/Word templates
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following: Communications, Public Relations, Business, Marketing, or similar
- Exceptional written communications skills
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel and web-conferencing tools
- Proficient with WordPress, HubSpot, Hootsuite and Canva
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated exceptional teamwork skills
- Motivated, methodical, and optimistic
- Maintains strict confidentiality and discretion with respect to proprietary and sensitive information
- Demonstrated interest in cleantech, electric vehicles or renewable energy a plus
Benefits of Working for Li-Cycle:
- High impact work: as a core member of the team, you have the opportunity to take a primary lead role and make a significant impact
- Global environmental impact: we are a clean technology company with a mission to reduce CO2 emissions globally to ensure a sustainable future for the environment
- Passionate team: we are pushing boundaries and are passionate about everything we do
Li-Cycle is on a mission to leverage its innovative solution to address an emerging and urgent global challenge. Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries are increasingly powering our world in automotive, industrial energy storage, and consumer electronic applications. The world needs improved technology and supply chain innovations to better recycle these batteries, while also meeting the rapidly growing demand for critical and scarce battery-grade materials.
Li-Cycle's Spoke & Hub Technologies
- a low cost, safe, and environmentally friendly process
- can recycle all types of lithium-ion batteries, with an unparalleled recovery rate of 95% of all materials. Li-Cycle's industry-leading innovations make it uniquely positioned to support a key element of the growing international movement towards zero carbon technologies. For more information, please visit: https://www.li-cycle.com/
For more information, you can view Li-Cycle's corporate video here:
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Li-Cycle is focused on providing a barrier free Recruitment & Selection process. We will focus on experience and skills and will not discriminate against candidates who have a disability or require an accommodation throughout the Recruitment & Selection process.
Interested candidates should apply to Li-Cycle directly by submitting their resume through the Li-Cycle Career's page. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.