We're looking to put our foot on the gas in 2021. We need to grow our brand awareness and launch a new product for a new market.
We need your help to educate electronics developers around the world that the nature of product design is changing and that Voltera's tools will make sure they don't get left behind.
About the job
We'd like to consistently publish information about our products, the underlying technologies, our amazing customers, and industry trends. We have plenty to share on these topics but need help putting it into words and getting it into the world in the form of articles on our website, whitepapers, guest posts, support documentation, and content for email marketing or advertising.
- Planning - You will periodically analyze our keywords to identify content gaps. You will stay on top of SEO trends and strategies within content marketing and on-page SEO and teach the rest of the team as you learn.
- Research - Each article will begin with primary research: interviewing other Volterans about the upcoming topics, watching videos and webinars, and maybe even reading research papers or calling customers (examples).
- Writing - We're looking for a teacher; someone who knows the value of explaining through metaphor and who can put themselves in the shoes of someone who doesn't understand the material, leaving them empowered by the end. You will need to match our personality and style (?have something worth saying? and ?write like you talk?).
- Collaborating - You will work closely with our amazing video producer on the many projects we'd like presented in both mediums. If you have Photoshop or Illustrator skills, you'll be putting them to work for the content you produce and for other projects the team has on their plate.
- Editing - You will review work written by others and coach them on ways to improve. In turn, our technical staff will be reviewing your content for accuracy. Ultimately it is up to you to strike balance between accommodating feedback and getting things done.
- Measuring - You will be expected to measure the effectiveness of our written content and have meaningful conversations about improving it.
At the end of the day, we're a start-up. There will be plenty of other work thrown your way on top of whatever projects you bring to the table yourself.
We are located in downtown Kitchener but currently working remotely like most companies. When the pandemic clears we will be returning to the office.
- You might not have a background in electronics, materials science, or manufacturing, and that's totally fine. Our team loves teaching; so as long as you're hungry to learn, you're going to thrive.
- We're not looking for specific degrees or number of years in the workforce. As long as you can demonstrate relevant experience to our goals, we'll adjust the role and compensation to you. What experience is relevant?
- You have worked at B2B companies that have the personality of a B2C brand
- You have led SEO planning projects
- You have developed distinct approaches for top, middle, and bottom of funnel content
- On a technical level, you have plenty of experience with CMSs, proficiency with HTML and CSS, and a solid understanding of web analytics and SEO concepts.
- Finally, you need to be self-sufficient, take ownership, move fast, and find ways around obstacles. That being said, we expect you to put your hand up to say you need help. Voltera is at its best when we rally together to help a teammate with too much on their plate or that wants to expand their knowledge or skills.
We make tools for the electronics manufacturing industry.
Specifically, we shrink entire factories into a laptop-sized machine, cutting circuit board prototyping time from weeks to an hour. We will soon be releasing a product that will, for the first time, allow product developers around the world to easily design electronics that are flexible/stretchable/biocompatible/etc.
Our machines are used by thousands of hardware developers in over 60 countries to create devices that save lives, explore space, and teach the engineers of the future.
We are consistently among the top growing companies in Canada, have been TechCrunch Disrupt Champions and launched one of the most innovative Kickstarter campaigns of all time. Learn more about Voltera's history, products, and personality on our site and YouTube channel.
How to apply
Please send us your resume, along with some writing samples, and share why the future of Voltera looks bright because you'd be a part of it.
We look forward to hearing from you! ??
Voltera is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and diversity. Voltera does not discriminate based on race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact us at accessibility [at] voltera [dot] io.