PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play
- it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Marketing Manager, PlayStation Store & Services (contract)
12 month contract
Key Objectives of the Position:
- Deliver business growth & increase PlayStation services subscribers in Canada by leading local marketing for all digital services, including PlayStation Store, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now and non-gaming services
- Support Digital @ Retail business by supporting marketing activity with current and potential prospect partners
- Lead analytics, measurement and reporting of performance of digital services driving optimization of budget, title priorities and creative executions
- Work with local non-gaming service partners to develop co-marketing activities to drive PlayStation engagements
- Ad hoc support on third party software co-marketing plans as required
Store & Services (60%):
- Manage PlayStation Store, PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now local marketing budget
- Collaborate with Global on approval of quarterly media campaign plans to support these lines of business
- Cultivate relationships with Global Store & Service team and information sharing across the local and Global PlayStation teams, including standard methodology and improvement activities
- Lead paid media activity around the PlayStation Store, the brand's e-commerce platform
- handling budget to ensure our campaigns obtain the best return on investment from social media, programmatic and other media tactics. Support third party software partner plans as needed
- Drive PlayStation Plus & Now
- SIE subscription services for online gaming, implementing campaigns to support our acquisition, retention, and reactivation targets, across our online and retail (pre-paid cards) distribution channels
- Lead the local performance reporting of the business sharing results with cross-functional sales team partners
Digital @ Retail (20%):
- Support sales team on business development efforts for Digital @ Retail including supporting ongoing marketing support for current partners, as well as exploration of new partners e.g. Telco, 3P local Rewards programs (distribution channels for PSN voucher product, etc.)
- Develop and execute local occasion-based digital marketing campaigns in order to support POSA card business
Owned Channels & Assets (15%):
- Lead local packaging approvals for Store & Searvice cards and 1P software titles
- Support localization of creative for campaigns and for owned ecosystem
- Approve localized CRM emails and develop bespoke local emails as needed
- Lead development of local product pages for Playstation.ca for English and French
- Lead owned channel reporting for web and email performance (eg. organic traffic, email open rates, conversion)
- Work with Global insights team to get Canada inclusion in key studies and work with them on local research projects as needed
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- In-depth knowledge of digital media and service marketing- tech-savvy, knowledgeable and passion to stay on top of formats, trends, metrics, etc.
- Experience in handling lifecycle of large-scale communities a plus
- A love for data, with the ability to optimally collate data from multiple sources and coordinate reporting and analysis in clear visuals to establish cadence of Canadian business reporting to cross-functional partners
- Strong collaborator with experience partnering with sales teams
- Data-thoughtful decision-making with a focus on achieving strong value and company important metrics
- Creative problem solver able to bring new idea to regional approaches and make market-level business case recommendations within the Global strategic framework!
- Able to localize approaches integrating knowledge of region's media marketplace and consumer behaviour
- Self-motivated, highly organized individual, able to juggle several projects simultaneously and under pressure
- Possesses great common sense
- will be faced with situations for which there are no created processes, potentially things no one has done before, and will need to think on their feet
- An interest and passion for gaming and entertainment
- Plans and executes with attention to detail; ability to transmit knowledge to the team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- able to present effectively to all audience types and sizes
- Great teammate who considers the impact their actions will have not only on their products, but how they affect the rest of the company's portfolio as well
- Naturally curious, and eager to try and test new things!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC'S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.