Preference will be given to candidates based in Vancouver, but we are open to remote within Canada.
Absolute is looking for a Technical Writer with experience in creating and maintaining a detailed library of policies, processes and standard operating procedures to ensure ongoing and continual improvement of our compliance objectives. This position serves as a subject matter expert and point of contact in the development of Absolute's cross-functional compliance initiatives including (but not limited to) FedRAMP, ISO/IEM:27001:2013, AICPA SOC 2, and various privacy regulations. We are looking for someone who is passionate about working with the business to understand and document how we operate and continue to improve how we provide outstanding assurance to our customers.
The position will work closely with many teams to ensure appropriate artifacts are documented and available to demonstrate the design, implementation and effectiveness of our various controls. This role will also act as a subject matter expert and internal advisor on how to continually improve and streamline our compliance efforts with the goal of bringing together brilliant business execution and mandated compliance requirements.
- Writing, developing, editing and managing technical publications and/or procedure documents
- Documenting dictations during working sessions, engineering discussions, and technical interviews
- Performing quality control activities on technical and non-technical documents
- Reviewing written correspondence and artifacts to ensure final delivery is understandable to a first-time reader who possesses little knowledge of materials
- Conducting research on a variety of technical and non-technical topics
- Ensures the consistency and use of proper technical terminology
- Formatting internal/external ready deliverables to include structure and consistency across tables, illustrations, captions, indexes, cross-referencing and spelling and grammatical checks
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- Detail orientated Technical Writer with security auditing/assessment experience using knowledge to develop, edit, and revise documentation including standard operating procedures, system security and compliance documentation, and policies and procedures for SaaS cloud certifications
- Must have 2+ years of experience with cloud compliance programs, such as FedRAMP and NIST 800-53 Compliance experience
- Must have 2+ years of experience with developing and maintaining cloud compliance documentation, including directly associated with FedRAMP and other government industry standards
- Ability to develop, maintain, collaborate, and review information security and compliance documentation with System Owners, Project Teams, and other applicable stakeholders
- Written and Oral Communication
- Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively with the ability to influence changes in processes and behaviors
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose
- CA, Boulder
- CO, Ankeny
- IA, Austin
- TX, Reading
- UK and Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system
- embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey
- to become the World's Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it's our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people's devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers' data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees
- fueling our employee's creative expression, and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable
- Forbes noticed us too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our ?Take What You Need' vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it's all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.