Meet the Smart Safety Company
At Safe Fleet our name says it all. We make fleet vehicles
- and everyone in and around them
- safer. Our fleet safety platform brings together best-in-class products, ground-breaking technology, and a 100-year history of fleet know-how and innovation to solve the world's biggest fleet safety problems.
Our core value is safety. Without safety first, efficiency and productivity are not possible. This is true for our products, our culture, and our relationship with our community. Our vision is to reduce preventable deaths and injuries in and around fleet vehicles with a goal of ZERO accidents.
We are re-defining what safety means for fleets of every type
- from school buses to waste collection trucks, firefighting to utility vehicles, police cruisers to delivery vans.
Whether you work in our Charlotte plant to build life-saving stop arms for school buses, or design advanced camera vision products in our Vancouver office, forge valves and high-quality nozzles to fight fires, or dream up new ways to protect fleet operators in our Corporate HQ in Kansas City, you'll contribute to our goal to keep everyone safe.
We are a fast-growing manufacturing, service, and technology company with over 1700 employees in over 15 locations across Canada and the US. We're looking for motivated self-starters with innovative thinking to join our team and help us achieve our growth and performance goals. Sound like you?
Compensation is base salary. We also offer paid vacation time, sick/personal days and fully paid benefits after 3 months' probation (Life, Accidental Death & Disability, Short and Long-Term Disability, Extended Health, Dental, Employee Assistance Program and RRSP Program with company matching your contributions, up to 3% of your salary).
As our Technical Writer, you will be responsible for writing and editing technical documentation for Video Group products and solutions in Safe Fleet.
- Manage multiple assignments while working both independently and with other writers.
- Organize and complete writing assignments according to set standards for order, clarity, concision, style, and terminology
- Gather technical information by interviewing subject matter experts and reading design specifications, test plans, and other published materials
- Prepare overall documentation layout including text, technical drawings, and pictures
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions
- Identify, initiate, and complete technical documents as required
- Create a documentation plan identifying the product deliverables in conjunction with Product Management
- Perform audience, task, and genre analysis for creating new product literature.
- Post finished technical documentation to the operations team and the customer support website
- Implement or review changes between drafts of all manuals
- Work with engineering, marketing, and customer service departments to understand the operation and application of all products and services that are being documented
- Coordinate all activities relating to user and installation manuals
You should have
- Intermediate computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience in authoring or administering content in WordPress or other similar platforms
- Ability to work as an integral part of cross-functional product team, and learn products through hands-on experience
- Flexibility and ability to interact with all levels in the organization
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines
- Experience with HTML and CSS (desirable)
- Willingness to submit samples of prior work at the interview