What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee's individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment
- to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today...
DHL Express currently has an opening for an Area Sales Manager in Calgary, AB. This key commercial role will report to the Director of Field Sales and is responsible for the growth and development of our core and value account base in British Columbia, consistent with our strategic business growth plan.
How will you contribute to the success of DHL?
Maintain and grow existing and new accounts as established by the Director of Field Sales for the assigned Area and Sales Executive Territories under his/her control
- Meet and exceed on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis, the total assigned Area Sales revenue Targets
- Meet and exceed the total assigned Sales KPI targets of the combined District Sales Team on a consistent monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Individually coach and counsel all assigned Sales Executives on a regular basis
- Conduct pre-planned field training and travel with each Sales Executive
- Oversees sales revenue generation, profit and/or expense objectives in geographic region
- Develops sales plans and budgets for achieving sales goals within a defined geographic region.
- Partners with other sales manager(s) to communicate sales problems, geographical business observations, customer feedback, etc.
- Assists field sales representatives in securing critical sales.
Do you have what it takes?
- University or College Degree in a relevant field
- Effective mentoring and coaching skills to experienced and new Field Sales Executives
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, database and web-based applications
- Creative and innovative thinking in bringing successful resolutions to high-impact, and complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to infiltrate senior customer levels and represent value.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, probing skills & high aptitude
- Strong business, courier and/or supply chain management knowledge.
- Demonstrated drive, persistence & initiative.
We thank to all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe we will succeed through the recruitment and development of staff who represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.