As the world's number one distributor of heating, plumbing, industrial, and waterworks supplies, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future.
Wolseley Canada offers many challenging and diverse career opportunities in our local branch networks and throughout our Regional and Corporate offices across Canada.
We are driven to achieve results, collaborate with each other to determine the best course of action, hold ourselves accountable at all times and demonstrate resilience when new challenges come our way.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to make a difference and grow your career? If so, then come join our talented and high performing team.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Primarily responsible for customer service by assisting customers on the showroom floor, handling incoming showroom phone calls, following up on orders, etc.
- Responsible for receiving requests and responding to inquiries from customers;
- Assessing customer needs and provide expert advice about available products;
- Prepares sales orders for and enters the orders into the system;
- Evaluate customer's needs and promote products by demonstrating features and benefits of any product;
- Responsible for making quotations and process orders;
- Builds and maintains customers relationships;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
Receives requests for quotations, orders, and lead times from customers. Makes quotations on standard items, writes orders, and relays pertinent order information to customers.
- Post Secondary education plus a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years experience in a similar role, preferably within the wholesale distribution industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service;
- Knowledge of the industry products;
- Consistently meeting deadlines and goals within a fast paced work environment and works effectively within time constraints;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment;
- Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking;