About the Company :
The story of the Bosa Family Companies is one of entrepreneurship, commitment and a passion for construction that began over 50 years ago. The wholly-integrated, family-run company is backed by a longstanding history of excellence in development, contracting, and asset-management, making it one of Canada's most respected privately-owned brands. With an uncompromising commitment to quality construction and innovative design, the Bosa Family Companies
- through its subsidiaries, Bosa Properties and BlueSky Properties
- has cemented its reputation as one of the British Columbia's top developers, and boasts an extensive portfolio of residential, commercial, industrial and mixed-use urban properties.
We are looking for a versatile communications professional to lead the way for Corporate and Employee Communications at Bosa Family Companies. Reporting to the VP of Brand and partnering across the business, you will develop and drive compelling narratives that tell the story of our Bosa that come to life internally and externally. You will manage integrated communications plans to promote the Bosa brand to multiple stakeholders, including employees, Canadian real estate industry partners, media, customers, and the communities in which we build. You will be a leader on our team bringing expertise in all facets of communications, with experience in crisis management, a strong media relations background, a good handle on employee communications and a passion for great storytelling.
- Work with VP Brand to create integrated communications plans across Bosa Family Companies
- including Bosa Properties and Bluesky Properties.
- Develop narratives and strategic communications plans for company-level stories, including brand storytelling, company narrative, and important enterprise plans.
- Set the strategy for internal and external communications at the enterprise level, thoughtfully integrating the two.
- Create and maintain a quarterly internal and external communications calendar outlining a mix of corporate communications activities, including internal newsletters, leadership communication, and external announcements, among others.
- Own the creation of Bosa's key messaging and reactive messaging docs aligned to our overall communications strategy.
- Develop and maintain internal and external crisis communications plan and execute it as necessary.
- Work with brand and marketing teams to integrate enterprise initiatives into our project marketing and vice versa.
- Engage with media including pitching news and meeting with reporters on background to develop relationships and keep Bosa top of mind.
- Act as communications advisor to Bosa's HR team
- working closely with the VP of HR.
- Develop an internal communications channel plans in partnership with HR to set the table for meaningful employee engagement.
- Collaborate with HR on Diversity, Equality and Inclusion initiatives, and lead the partnership on behalf of marketing with the Bosa Family Foundation.
- Partner with the VP of Brand on executive communications at key moments.
- Work across the business to implement strategic platforms (slide decks, presentations) to communicate our vision effectively.
- Create a toolbox for partners around the organization to execute internal and some external communications within the parameters of the communications plan. What you Bring:
- 10+ years experience working in communications and/or journalism with some hands on corporate and employee comms experience.
- Bring proven experience moving fast, being entrepreneurial, getting results, and working in both proactive and reactive communications.
- Have superior writing and communications skills with proven ability to use communications as a creative tool to engage people.
- Strategic thinker and can distill complex concepts into simple language.
- Experience partnering with leaders and experts at all levels.
- Close media contacts at relevant publications and online outlets
- or the willingness to build them.
- Experience working in a large organization and can be solution oriented to build internal communications.
- Ability to listen and translate business needs into actionable plans.
- Experience managing agency teams.
- Ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders and maintain trust and integrity for yourself and the company.
- Confidence in providing counsel to senior management, and open to rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
- Passion and interest in the real estate space.
Our most important offering to anyone that joins the Bosa Properties team is our culture of innovation, achievement, and ownership. We bring out the best in each other by constantly striving to be world class in all we do. These values are reflected in our Real Estate Projects, our Company, and our People.
At Bosa, we also offer a very competitive compensation structure that supplements your regular income with a robust benefits package:
- Medical and Dental Coverage: Our industry leading benefits package covers you and your dependents at no cost
- RRSP Matching: We support your future goals by matching up to 5% of your RRSP contributions.
- Friends and Family Program: Early and exclusive access to our newly released projects
- BOSAconnect?: Our annual development conference that is designed and hosted by our leadership and complemented by a range of world-class speakers and workshop experts.
- Professional Development and Education Support
How to Apply
Please submit an application at the link provided. We value your interest in the Bosa Family of Companies. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.