Marketing and Communications
Director Marketing & Communications
If Others, please specify
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Weekly work schedule (please indicate the start and end times for each day of work)
J (interim): $27.81-$29.52
Reporting to the Director Marketing and Communications and working collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications team, this position is key to the realization of brand and communications goals set forth in NIC's Strategic Plan, Marketing and Communications plans. This includes the development and execution of digital marketing strategies; analyzing and transforming data into optimizations that drive student applications, and engagement with alumni, students, stakeholders and community members.
The Digital Marketing Specialist (DMS) works closely with the MarComms team and a diverse range of clients in the NIC community (including faculty, student services, administration, students, North Island Students Union, stakeholders, alumni and community partners) in relation to the development and execution of strategic and innovative marketing and communications plans and projects. These may include any combination of advertising, collateral, event coordination, communications and media releases, digital and social media, referral programs and customized lists, U/X, and other tactics.
Responsible for their assigned portfolio, the DMS implements stellar account and project management practices, providing recommendations and solutions, managing projects from start to finish, and building positive and collaborative relationships as the key digital liaison between Marketing and Communications and NIC's various partners.
The DMS is aware of the Mission and Values of North Island College and incorporates the values in everything they do.
- Job Knowledge
- Planning & Organization
- Customer Service Excellence
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
Duties & Responsibilities
The Digital and Marketing Specialist develops proactive business partnerships with assigned program and service areas to develop and execute innovative marketing and communications projects and initiatives that enhance and facilitate development and growth of NIC's objectives by:
- Consults with clients to build and maintain relationships to understand their business objective and develop innovative digital marketing and communication solutions.
- Develops, implements and manages all aspects of NIC's digital marketing accounts including social media, marketing email, and other digital media communications.
- Applies best practices in CRM and customer analytics to segment our audiences, and designs customized campaigns that deliver optimized messages to the right audience at the right time across channels.
- Improves online properties (website, landing pages, program pages, and social media channels) for SEO and U/X, mapping out how digital assets could be optimized for various platforms.
- Collaborates with internal partners to lead, develop, and manage long integrated campaigns, media strategies and initiatives with the relevant analysis and business context to support decisions and meet objectives outlined in college plans, monitoring their effectiveness and bringing forward any recommendations to the Director.
- Contributes to NIC style guide and upholds best practices, ensuring brand continuity across departments and platforms.
- Maintains Marketing elements of the program database and Acalog, such as embedding keywords and optimizing the content for SEO.
- Monitors and provides timely budget updates to Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Adheres to agreed project deadlines and budgets and prioritizes workload to achieve them.
- Presents recommendations for ongoing professional development to the Director.
- Performs additional responsibilities and duties as delegated by the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Required Education & Experience
- Digital Design
- Development Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's Degree in Communication, Business, Marketing, Journalism, English or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of Digital Marketing, including social media engagement, Google Analytics and Search Engine Optimization, preferably in the Communications or Marketing department of a post-secondary institution.
- Experience writing media releases, internal reports and promotional materials considered an asset.
- Video and photography experience considered an asset.
- Ability to code HTML and CSS, ideally with Bootstrap experience considered and asset.
- Ability to use Creative Cloud 17, in particular: InDesign and InCopy considered an asset.
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to write multiple genres (marketing, journalism, public relations, technical, social media).
- Ability to identify an audience and create a relevant, compelling case that transforms interest to action.
- Ability to edit and guide the writing of others in a collaborative and respectful fashion
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit original copy in preparation for publication.
- Strong analytical ability and scrupulous attention to detail.
Computer & Technical Skills
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with social media channels, in particular: Hootsuite, Facebook Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency of digital analytics, search engine optimization
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Office Applications.
- Accurate and efficient keyboarding/word processing skills of 60 wpm.
- Ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team, demonstrating effective team behaviours such as active listening, collaboration, balanced participation, and contributing to shared team goals
- Proven ability to manage projects and multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks paying close attention to detail and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with the demonstrated ability to exercise tact, good judgment and diplomacy in support of the NIC brand and product offerings.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please scan copies of your transcripts into one document for attachment. If your transcripts are not available at the time of application, please attach a letter or certificate of confirmation from the educational institution.
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled