We are currently hiring two Temporary Full-Time Communications Advisor roles in our Community and Health Services Department. One is a temporary full-time contract for 24 months and the other is a temporary full-time contract for 12 months!
Reporting to the Program Manager, is responsible for developing, planning, implementing and providing strategic communication advice to department clients; providing project leadership advice and communication best practices to department senior management, project teams and other internal stakeholders; leads the development of briefings, communications and presentations on behalf of department management; developing communication guidance documents for staff; in conjunction with Corporate Communications, supports the department's media relations, issues management and stakeholder relations efforts; providing support for corporate-wide initiatives, programs, special projects and communications.
- Provides communications counsel to client groups to determine strategic approaches to internal and external communications, media relations, and issues management.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic, audience-specific, communication initiatives, campaigns, events and tactics aimed at increasing public awareness and advancing the delivery of Department programs.
- Proactively monitors and evaluates progress of communication plans to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and recommends and implements options and/or course of action; provides strategic department communication advice and tactics.
- Conducts research on best practices, as directed, to support effective communications.
- Reviews, edits and approves external communication products such as brochures, pamphlets, articles, newsletters in conjunction with management to provide clear, consistent messages to Region residents.
- Researches various legislations, policies and programs for background material, as required.
- Supports the department in responding directly to residents and other stakeholder inquiries and help resolve concerns through education and information.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years' communication experience in the development and delivery of strategic communication plans, executive-level communications support and advice, issues management, internal communications and stakeholder relations.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and theory, including strategic communications, issues management, internal communications best practices, traditional and social media.
- Highly developed writing, editing and presenting skills, using plain language best practices and Canadian Press Style Guide.
- Demonstrated experience fostering cooperative and collaborative working relationships, leading multiple projects, overcoming change and adversity.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by May 17, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.