Business Practice Leader
- ( 2100012H )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
This role as Business Practice Leader is a ?seller/doer? responsible for leading the pursuit and delivery of excellent work to our clients. Accountable for the top line, leads the growth of the Business Center's and Stantec's market position while providing innovative design solutions with exceptional quality and execution that exceed client expectations.
You will play a pivotal role in expanding our existing client and project base and in efforts to position the firm to acquire new business. You will work together with Business Center (BC) and local leaders to provide operational, technical and people leadership to the Transportation team, and continue our growth & success in Manitoba.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for exceeding client expectations through strong account management across the BC and personally leading accounts for major clients in the BC.
- Achieve minimum client- and proposal-specific marketing and business development (M&BD) sales goals, including internal cross-selling initiatives.
- Lead and participate in pursuits and campaigns for major BC opportunities.
- Work with BC and local leaders to drive the client relationship strategy and drive strong results in the client satisfaction survey within the BC.
Business Development and Collaboration:
- Lead and/or conduct business development efforts, including market research, client relationships, developing leads, and securing contracts.
- Work with BC Leadership to identify BC priorities and strategic opportunities in the geographic market.
- Actively contribute to win strategies, key pursuits and successful project execution and become involved at a hands-on level on projects should issues impacting client satisfaction or project management best practices escalate.
- Track pursuit success rate and Return on Investment rate on client by client basis.
- Actively contribute to the growth of the BC through business development, key pursuit, and sales strategy.
- Expand our reach and client base utilizing strong marketing, business development, and sales account management plans.
- Responsible for implementing the M&BD plan for the BC including cross selling.
- Increase visibility of Stantec by sharing our knowledge and innovation story through key client engagements to enhance our reputation and drive revenue.
- Participate in Go/No Go Review process and track compliance of Go/No Go Process.
- Partner with BC and local leaders to drive collaboration on pursuits across geographies and business lines.
- Utilize, maintain, and monitor the opportunity pipeline to optimize business development plans and employee utilization rates.
- Ensure local marketplace reputation through established relationships and support of leadership.
- Maintain Stantec's Integrated Practice in the specified BC, including:
- The maintenance of a cohesive Stantec brand;
+ Key client and account development and maintenance;
- Market and community outreach and engagement; and
- Accountable to achieve organic growth targets.
- Lead delivery of significant BC project pursuits.
- Actively participate, including contribution to written content, in major projects in key roles such as Independent Technical Reviewers, as required.
- Conduct risk management related to projects and pursuits including review of contracts, fees, and proposals on large pursuits and in coordination with BC leaders and risk management team.
- Collaborate with local and Business Center leadership to establish, nurture and support cross-discipline project design processes, communication, and best practices.
- Inspire, motivate, and hold team members accountable for project delivery, QAQC, discipline excellence and technical quality, documents quality and best practices in the execution of work.
- Collaborate with the Business Center and local leaders to gather feedback and ensure that the integrated design process is delivering high quality results, making course corrections when necessary.
- Collaborate with local area leadership, including Project Managers, to ensure the office meets its operation goals and adheres to the PM framework.
Provide broad leadership influence:
- Act as a highly regarded leader, thought partner and a source of counsel and advice for their BC.
- Be personally involved in key client relationships, strategic project pursuits and major project leadership within the BC.
- Proactively identify opportunities to reinforce and further develop Stantec's high- performance culture with a focus on innovation, speed, and productivity.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Uphold a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, encourages individual integrity, and focuses on the customer and service delivery.
- Provide support through ongoing collaboration with Business Operating Unit Leader, Regional Business Leader, and Regional Leaders regarding resolution of operational issues identified within the BC.
- Collaborate with local and Business Center leadership to ensure the proper staffing of all projects including hiring, staff transitions, and labor sharing.
- Support BC with developing, attracting, engaging, and retaining top talent.
- Foster employee connectedness by interfacing frequently with employees.
- Participate in regular office and BC Wide meetings to communicate the vision, business strategy and progress against applicable action plans.
- Support the overall talent management lifecycle including career development, employee engagement, succession planning, coaching, and mentoring, diversity and inclusion, and leadership development for the BC.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A track record of establishing and maintaining client relationships in the Saskatchewan market.
- Experience in geometric design of provincial highways, streets and rural roads; drainage design or construction administration is an asset.
- Experience in cost estimating, tender preparation, and contract administration on transportation projects.
- Experience working with the Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Regina, Saskatoon, and Saskatchewan transportation markets and processes, with strong past client relationships is an asset.
- Strong ability to develop business and promote business relationships.
- Strong ability to motivate staff and promote teamwork within and across offices.
- Excellent organization, coordination, management, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated technical leadership in Transportation.
- Results oriented individual who excels in multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong project planning and delivery experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and relevant design software.
- Licensed Professional Engineer preferred.
- Must have valid driver's license and good driving record.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related relevant field. Licensed Professional Engineer preferred. Minimum of 10 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some travel.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1137 Transportation-CA Manitoba
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 30, 2021, 3:30:41 PM
Req ID: 2100012H
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans