Temporary Full-Time Position for Eleven (11) Months
Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health. Sinai Health is Canada's leading integrated health system and comprises of Bridgepoint Active Healthcare; Circle of Care; Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute; and Mount Sinai Hospital. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do from seamless care to scientific discovery.
People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society.
We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward.
We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization.
We embrace and celebrate differences. We look for diversity and inclusion when we hire top talent. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles. We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trust in each other.
We do all that we can do...and then we find a way to do a little bit more. We embody creativity, imagination and a fierce determination to make the world a better place.
The Graphic Designer reports to the Director, Design and Production and works with a dynamic team responsible for creating, building, maintaining and elevating the brand of Sinai Health and Sinai Health Foundation through inspiring, beautiful and impactful design work across all mediums and channels. The position focuses on digital-first projects on the Brand Strategy & Marketing team applying UX research and graphic design skills to execute creative marketing materials. This role works closely with the brand team, digital team, innovation team and teams across the Foundation to bring the Sinai Health brand to life.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand in-depth the user/donor experience and journey
- Create concepts, artwork, and layouts for Sinai Health Foundation with digital-first lens
- Develop, design and produce user friendly print materials such as publications, brochures, signage, event materials, advertising, promotional items, donor proposal renderings and corporate identity projects and templates that align with accessible and inclusive design guidelines
- Think strategically and extend existing brand identity systems into new visual concepts and digital experiences
- Complement brand executions with 3D environmental projects such as building wraps, tradeshow style experiences and pop-up installations
- Explore innovative marketing style opportunities
- Explore creative opportunities to engage, recognize, surprise and delight donors and stakeholders
- Support the innovation portfolio by executing on-brand assets and experiences
- Effectively manage time and priorities to produce detailed, quality work within tight timeframes; manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintain design production list
- Work with external vendors/freelancers
- Provide production support to ensure workflow efficiencies. I.e. workflow management, vendor negotiation, print buying, stock selection, quality control and logistical coordination
- Build brand champions across the Foundation by training and empowering individuals to understand the importance of brand awareness and how to use templates
- Work alongside internal colleagues to understand the laws of accessibility (AODA) and ensure compliance across all assets
- Assist in executing and building the DAM (Digital Asset Management)
- Honours Bachelor's degree or diploma in a relevant field, such as Bachelor of Design, or equivalent professional experience
- Three (3) years of experience working in graphic design
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Advanced proficiency in using graphic design tools such as Adobe CC, Sketch and Figma. Experience using Microsoft Office
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse constituencies; strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to meet deadlines, be self-motivated, and work independently
- The ability to work with sensitive information with absolute discretion and a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a customer service oriented attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively and be a team player
- Action-oriented; competency in problem solving
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment
- Professional aligned with Sinai Health Foundation's five values: collaboration, flexibility, fun, respect and trust
Office Location: Currently, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, SHF staff are working remotely. Ultimately, when it is safe to do so, our goal is to work out of the SHF offices, located in downtown Toronto.