Properly is looking for a Sr Graphic Designer to join our marketing team. In addition to developing creative assets to support our strategic marketing campaigns, the role presents an exciting opportunity to help contribute to defining our brand positioning and refining our corresponding visual identity.
The Graphic Designer will concept, design and produce creative assets including digital design, photo editing, illustration and motion graphics, and copy to support our marketing efforts across a multitude of channels, ranging from social media through to OOH. You will leverage your creativity, imagination, and design skills to deliver strong visual storytelling and showcase the Properly value proposition to our audiences. Projects will primarily focus on the acquisition and retention of new clients to Properly, but will also involve supporting our realtor team, building strategies to attract new realtors into the brokerage and solving exciting challenges like balancing a realtor's personal brand with our corporate identity. The Graphic Designer will work cross-functionally with stakeholders across our organization including the Product & Design teams to ensure brand cohesion and consistency. An understanding of consumer journey mapping, brand building, and marketing strategy would be valuable in this position. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate pragmatism in balancing speed vs. quality, a collaborative approach to design, and a bias for action.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity, and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO's note on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly.
Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Wave, Ritual, Mozilla, McKinsey, Shopify, Blackberry, etc.) and have raised over $115 million in funding from investors including FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, iNovia Capital, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and others. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful.
What you will do:
- Serve as both a thought and execution partner to the Growth Marketing Team as they test and iterate on new channels to support both user acquisition and brand building (i.e. display, OOH, video content for YouTube or TV)
- Work with the marketing team to conceptualize and project manage asset development with third-party agencies (i.e. outsourced video work or photo shoots)
- Maintain and develop customer-facing web pages, leveraging Unbounce
- Partner with the realtor team to develop assets to support both realtor recruitment and self- promotion within the brokerage (signage, direct mail, pamphlets, webpages)
- From time-to-time, support business tasks such as infographic development or slide deck design support
- Help to iterate and evolve on our brand guidelines and positioning, specifically how it relates to our visual identity and style
What you bring to the table:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with landing page and website design, preferably self-building in landing page software such as Unbounce
- Comfort and confidence in building motion assets, including video editing
- An expert understanding of visual design principles including information architecture, colour, and typography
- Ability to explore wide variety of creative ideas then narrow down on the best solutions
- Experience following brand guidelines, with a desire and aptitude to continue to iterate and evolve them on an ongoing basis
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to give and receive constructive feedback to improve the finished product
- Self-starter attitude, comfortable maintaining multiple tasks and shifting business needs
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of print production and file setup
- Copywriting and brand writing experience
- Experience working in Figma
At Properly, You'll Have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Lots of team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Excellent healthcare benefits
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- Employee discount on Properly's services