The Group Marketing Manager, Growth and Media Innovation will transform our tax focused business into a multi brand ecosystem that will change the conversation with consumers and revolutionize the market. We are looking for a passionate leader, someone with a combination of big ideas and data backed customer insights. This role needs a hands-on leader who understands how to connect brand and product marketing strategies with turbocharged growth strategies.
You will bring a clear focus on exponential growth marketing efforts, be comfortable working in a fast-paced matrixed environment, and working with Agency partners and to drive oversight of performance marketing media tactics: PPC, SEM, OTT, etc. While TurboTax is Canada's #1 software, we have aggressive growth goals as we develop new products and services and reach new audiences well beyond our traditional desktop filers. You will bring a clear understanding of the media landscape and the impacts of shifting privacy and data collection on growth strategies, a solid understanding of marketing science approaches and hands on experience with MMM and can leverage those insights to create actionable pivots to capitalize on market opportunities within days. You will have direct oversight into all media planning, buying and MMMs, whether in-house or through an agency.
Critical to your success will be balancing high performance media with a bias for testing new to market media strategies. You will be expected to create media strategies that grab consumer attention, media attention and create opportunities to import exciting first to market opportunities to the wider organization. The goal in testing new media strategies is always in service to building brand experiences with consumers and drives to create new consumer connection points designed to create massive step change.
This individual will be tasked with building and leading a formidable team of agency partners, work to build an expandable team of Growth and SEM marketers to service our in-market periods and work collaboratively with Product Marketing and Brand & Storytelling craft leaders to create exciting campaigns and drive growth marketing and innovation objectives.
What you'll bring
Key Skills & Competencies:
Minimum 10 years of experience in B2C marketing with proven success building and shaping growth and media innovation for companies in a rapid growth phase, preferably in North American markets.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, growth-focused environment.
- Excellent analytical ability
- knows what metrics are important and how to influence those metrics.
- Excellent relationship skills with ability to influence and persuade across the organization
- Comfort with change and ambiguity; able to work comfortably with cross-functional teams.
Key Personal Attributes:
- You don't think of yourself as ?corporate' you're more comfortable in a less traditional space
- You're an innovative marketer, always thinking of new and different ways to do things.
- You're a proven, influential and inclusive leader, you care about the team and inspire everyone you interact with
- You always have an eye out for new ways brands are engaging with customers or extending their reach
How you will lead
- Develop the full Growth Marketing and media strategy, starting with performance strategies to drive exponential growth in our DIY and Full Service product suite for TurboTax and develop a user acquisition media strategy for our Mint product
- Create a comprehensive learn and test roadmap and be ready to test, learn and pivot week to week as we move through season.
- Work closely with our Customer Activation team to connect media performance strategies with a stellar front door customer activation experience driving as many qualified audiences into product as possible.
- Work closely with our Product Marketing and Content Strategy Craft Leaders to leverage testimonials, reviews, blog posts and other key messages to drive growth.
- Leverage MMM to analyze, review and pivot our growth strategies and work closely with agency partners, media partners and others as required to drive changes that maximize our opportunities.
- Work closely with our Data Analytics team to understand how our growth strategies are creating step changes from a revenue, unit and share perspective
- Provide clear insights to the Product Marketing craft leaders and conspire with them on how to capitalize on every market opportunity
- As a key member of the Marketing Leadership team, be prepared to present growth strategies during the planning season, showcase your results at our in season weekly KPI meetings, and celebrate wins and learnings postseason.
- Work collaboratively with our Comms Crafts leaders to execute media strategies.