Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, high energy environment, and feed off the energy that comes from collective success? Do you have experience working on multi-stakeholder communications for complex organizations?
If the answer is YES, we would love to hear from you!
Edelman Calgary is looking for a Senior Account Manager with 6-8 years of relevant experience in communications to support a maternity leave at one of our energy clients.
We are looking for a confident, driven and detail-oriented individual who can cultivate both internal and external relationships. You are a self-starter with a can-do attitude and a willingness to take on new challenges. A proactive problem solver, you are passionate about our province and eager to learn about different industries.
Your experience will include knowledge of, and experience building strategic integrated communications plans, media relations, reputation management, executive profile building and issues management, with an understanding of digital communications and social media. Candidates must demonstrate excellent writing skills, project management qualities and a track record of leading and executing successful programs that measurably support business objectives. Experience and knowledge in the energy industry is an asset.
At Edelman Calgary, our team culture is important to us. We are looking for someone that brings positive energy to everything they do.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills, and a demonstrable knowledge of current events, media channels and social platforms.
- Develop, write and edit strategic communications and stakeholder materials with a demonstrated understanding of the company's business, marketing and communication objectives.
- Write and edit media materials, website content, intranet content, presentations, internal communiques, award nominations and corporate announcements.
- Lead earned media campaigns and maintain strong relationships with media.
- Oversee program tracking and monitoring, providing ongoing strategic analysis of program results.
- Live the Edelman values (the relentless pursuit of excellence, freedom to be constantly curious and courage to do the right thing).
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Liberal Arts or comparable required; graduate/advanced degree preferred
- 6-8 years of progressive experience; experience with media relations is a significant advantage
- Depth of experience developing strategic external and internal corporate communication plans
- Experience managing account team members
- Experience integrating and collaborating across multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience working on internal communications and employee experience is an asset
- Detail-oriented & highly organized, with experience and comfort managing multiple concurrent projects
- Strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, and ability to provide intuitive plain language understanding to clients
- A working knowledge of secondary research resources for use in landscape analyses, such as financial and market research, government and academic studies, syndicated and publicly available survey research and marketing, advertising and general news sources
- Basic understanding of crisis and risk management
- Passion for, and experience in, responding to requests for proposals and new business pitches
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint and a variety of social media analytics tools
If you are passionate about corporate communications and are looking for an exciting opportunity to cultivate your skills, benefit from strong senior leadership, develop high-impact programming and contribute to a positive team culture, please attach your résumé and cover letter to your application. Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Edelman Calgary.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age's 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report's 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor's Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com