Do you have the appetite to Grow Your Magic?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality. Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 8500 employees in 74 countries. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This coupled with our commitment to our communities is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
Regional Sales Manager (Western Region)
Reporting to General Manager of Puratos Canada (Fraser Valley), the Sales Manager directs the sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of sales growth and profitability in line with company vision and values. To do so, he or she will comply with all local and national food safety and legal requirements, while performing all job responsibilities under the strictest guidelines of food safety standards.
- Maximize sales and profit growth potential by developing and implementing effective and creative sales strategies and plans in close collaboration with product development & marketing.
- Establish short & long term plans and strategies in order to achieve targeted volume, sales, profit and market share.
- Drive new sales development by initiating effective project and people management techniques.
- Prepare short and medium term action plans by individuals as well as team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Conduct one on one review with team members to build more effective communications and to provide insight for the improvement of team's performance.
- Maintain close contact with key customers in the region to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure team meets or exceeds all standards for prospecting calls, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Contribute to the development and training of the team's professional competency.
- Provide timely, accurate sales prospects and activity reports for management meetings.
- Focus on delivery of targets, quality and deadlines.
- Inspire self and others to meet and exceed annual budget.
- Provide leadership and coach team to build motivation and more effective selling skills.
- Set example for team members in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and work habits.
- Proactively participate in multi-country and group level sharing of sales and market intelligence in order to promote best practice.
- Adhere to all company procedures, policies and business ethics, and ensure they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- University degree in commerce or food science
- Minimum of 5-10 years of proven successful sales and sales management track record.
- Field Sales, Category Management, Trade Marketing, Consumer marketing experience, an asset
- Experience in baking or food related industries a plus.
- Understanding of distributor and artisan segments in Canada preferred.
- Proven leadership & ability to motivate team members.
- Sales negotiation and presentation skills, is a must have
- Ability to influence and align internally at different levels and functions within the Organization
- Capability to build network of relationships in the industry; ability to be perceived as the subject matter expert.
- Is Business and results driven
- Basic knowledge of sales budgeting process, marketing techniques, production and distribution processes.
- Able to think logically around issues & tasks and provide solutions.
- Strong understanding of market dynamics and customer relationship management.
- Valid driver's license and car; travel within Canada and parts of USA is expected post-Covid
Https : //www.puratos.ca/en/about-puratos/jobs
Puratos provides a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that encourages our people to take initiative and bring ideas that will contribute to the success of the company. Of course, Puratos offers a competitive compensation package (salary, group insurance, training, etc) but additionally, offers you a position that you can further develop and shape.
Puratos Canada Inc. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. Accommodations are available on request for applicants with a disability in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Please contact via Isarta or 604-392-1020 extension 120 if you require accommodation.
Please note that applications will not be accepted through email or LinkedIn. All candidates must apply for Puratos Canada Inc. positions through the direct job posting on our website. No agencies please.