WHO WE ARE
DTC Newsletter is a media company educating digital marketing professionals around the world. We have over 30,000 subscribers with over 400 new readers joining every single day.
Who subscribes to DTC?
- 30 of the worlds top 100 CPG brands
- 8 of the words 10 largest ad agencies
- Hundreds of large scale legacy brands accelerating DTC initiatives
- Thousands of high-growth startup DTC brands and
- Thousands of agencies, marketers, investors, and more
Our audience turns to us for the most up-to-date, effective means of driving sales for their e-commerce business.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Serve as lead editor for the written content produced by DTC Newsletter. You will review all content across DTC Newsletter, editing stories for style, tone, structure, and act as a gatekeeper for the newsletter and blog.
- Editing weekly newsletters, blogs, video descriptions, and other editorial content
- Manage an editorial calendar of content releases and the day-to-day operations of the Newsletter
- Writing compelling headlines and subject lines consistent with DTC's voice
- Working directly with writers and our Head of Content plus other team members at Pilothouse Digital
- Leading article ideation and in doing so become an authority in DTC marketing by keeping your finger on the pulse of the latest eCommerce and digital trends.
- Calibrate the message, tone, and format of specific content pieces to maximize our ability to reach and capture the attention of marketers.
- 3-5 years of digital journalism experience with a specific focus on editing stories
- Strong understanding of digital marketing
- Exceptional grammar and copyediting knowledge
- Excellent cross-functional coordination and project management skills
- A keen sense of ongoing culture and media trends within digital marketing
Qualities we look for:
- Ability to move fast and handle multiple tasks at a time
- An adaptable and entrepreneurial spirit
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Exceptional communication skills
** What we need from you**
Only applicants who submit the following information will be eligible for consideration for this role.
Answers may be brief. Feel free to include this information in your cover letter.
- Please briefly describe why you're a good fit for this position
- Send two ideas for newsletter articles
- Explain a project you're proud of (i.e blog, article, etc)
- Briefly tell us your favorite DTC brand and why
We appreciate your time and thank all applicants for their interest, but we will only be responding to shortlisted applicants.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Remote work
- Flexible work schedule
- Great location
- right in the heart of downtown Victoria
- Commuter friendly
- we have bike storage inside our office
- Dog friendly
- Beer on tap
- cold, local beer waiting for you
- Fun events
- we host virtual company events to focus on fun and growth