WHO WE ARE
DTC Newsletter is a media company educating digital marketing professionals around the world.. We have over 30,000 subscribers with over 400 new readers joining every single day.
Who subscribes to DTC?
- 30 of the worlds top 100 CPG brands
- 8 of the words 10 largest ad agencies
- Hundreds of large scale legacy brands accelerating DTC initiatives
- Thousands of high-growth startup DTC brands and
- Thousands of agencies, marketers, investors, and more
Our audience turns to us for the most up-to-date, effective means of driving sales for their e-commerce business.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This role is ideal for a writer who is passionate about marketing, DTC brands, and e-commerce. You'll work alongside industry professionals and be at the forefront of new trends within digital marketing.
- Write multiple articles a week for DTC Newsletter's two issues (Wednesday & Saturday)
- Source content from original research, internal experts from Pilothouse, industry blogs, white papers, articles, and social media.
- Generate original ideas for creative and engaging content that's highly relevant to our audience of marketers
- At least 1-3 years of professional writing experience
- Ability to understand and write in the DTC voice
- Strong understanding of digital marketing
- Great grammar and copyediting knowledge
- Ability to conduct interviews with internal experts at Pilothouse Digital
- Keen sense of ongoing culture and media trends within digital marketing and the DTC space
- Ability to gather research and shape it into articles that are structured, to the point, and captivating
Qualities we look for:
- Ability to move fast and handle multiple tasks at a time
- Adaptable and entrepreneurial spirit
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Exceptional communication skills
** What we need from you:**
Only applicants who submit the following information will be eligible for consideration for this role.
Answers may be brief. Feel free to include this information in your cover letter.
- Please briefly describe why you're a good fit for this position
- Send two ideas for newsletter articles
- Explain a project you're proud of (i.e blog, article, etc)
- Briefly tell us your favorite DTC brand and why
We appreciate your time and thank all applicants for their interest, but we will only be responding to shortlisted applicants.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Remote work
- Flexible work schedule
- Great location
- right in the heart of downtown Victoria
- Commuter friendly
- we have bike storage inside our office
- Dog friendly
- Beer on tap
- cold, local beer waiting for you
- Fun events
- we host virtual company events to focus on fun and growth