Do you hold a bachelor’s degree? Is English your first language? Are you skilled at editing copy in English for, grammar, vocabulary and spelling? Are you highly proficient with Microsoft Office? Do you have a passion for PowerPoint? Are you skilled with the Adobe Creative Suite? Is attention to detail in your DNA? Do you consider yourself as having great communication skills? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment? Do you live in the Greater Montreal area? If you answered yes to all these questions this may be a great opportunity for you.
The Design & Copyedit Associate at Engage Presentations is passionate about presentation design and accuracy in communication. This person should have an exceptional level of attention to detail and be a team player who is adept in a fast-paced environment. The person in this role will be a member of the design team who collaborate to deliver client delight.
This role reports to the Creative Services Senior Director and the President.
A typical day for the Design & Copyedit Associate may include the following tasks:
- Formatting PowerPoint presentations (marketing or medical content)
- Copy editing / proofreading in English for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and vocabulary.
- Designing presentations and event materials
- Developing templates
- Developing logos
- Creating or formatting documents
- Designing spreadsheets in Excel
- Creating fillable PDF forms in Acrobat
- Creating Banners and graphics for trade show booths
- Proposing names for initiatives (branding)
- Researching / proposing stock imagery and/or icons
- Editing video and/or audio files
- Collaboration with design team
- Attending briefing meetings with clients
- Training and onboarding new team members.
The Design & Copyedit Associate must have the following attributes:
- Fluently bilingual in English and French
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum of 2 years experience Copy editing and proofreading.
- Experience in Design, Marketing, Communications, or related fields
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office for PC: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Skilled with the Adobe Creative Suite (AI, INDD or PSD)
- Technically savvy with the ability to quickly become proficient in new software.
- A team player with a collaborative approach.
- High level of professionalism
- Experience or a passion for the healthcare sector
- Experience with Final Cut Pro
- Ability to illustrate or sketch
- A proven track record as a proficient presenter
- A passion for customer service / client management
Please send in a well formatted CV / Resume and a formal cover letter. We will evaluate your formatting, design and communication skills so please make it shine!
This is a full-time office position, remote work during the current COVID situation (we supply the computer equipment).
Salary band: $40,000 - $45,000 commensurate with skills and education, a Health Plan is available