Graphic Designer (Content Creation Team)
*** PLEASE NOTE: this position is a youth employment strategy position funded by Canada Summer Jobs and is for applicants ages 16
- 30 only.
*** It is anticipated that this will be a mostly work-from-home position due to Covid-19 guidelines etc., with the option of using the Barrie main office as an option if available and when Covid-19 guidelines permit.
Note: You need to answer the "pre-interview" questions before submitting, or you will get an email asking you to complete them. Also note that emails regarding this position come from a "Get Hired" account, and may be delivered to your spam folder.
Your skills as a Graphic Designer will be critical in building a large social media audience through the promotion of OMCI events, livestream shows, and OMCI artist promotion on various social media platforms. The candidate should be able to create authentic and engaging brand content for OMCI artists on a daily basis to maintain a fresh social presence via graphics, photos and videos produced by the Content Creation Team. During COVID-19 participation is planned to be accomplished remotely, in a work from home online environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Content Creation Team to prepare graphics, layouts, and written copy in accordance with guidelines provided.
- Attend daily team meetings
- Meet assigned deadlines
- Prepare and follow a work plan
- Able to work independently and maintain contact with team members remotely and in person
- Expresses ideas and concerns clearly
- Ability to remain calm in challenging or loud situations
- Willing to ask for help when needed
- Open to new ideas and criticism
- Motivated to work as a group towards a common goal
- Able to complete individual tasks that are part of a bigger picture
- Able to work on more than one project at once on an independently prepared work plan
- Able to diffuse difficult situations appropriately (ie. concerns, complaints)
- Extensive design skills not limited to illustrations, creating video overlays, social media layouts, and professional quality deliverables
- Ability to deliver assets at a quick turnaround time
- Able to effectively use Adobe softwares such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or equivalent. Knowledge of Premiere Pro an asset.
- Able to use communication services such as Google Drive or Gmail to maintain communication with team members and provide content assets and final products
- Acceptable file management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Has a realistic work plan
- Able to plan and coordinate tasks effectively
- Prioritizes specific projects
- Recalls specific details in order to maintain the main ideas of a given project (ie. stays on task and true to OMCI guidelines)
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Between 16-30 years of age;
- Consistent access to a functioning computer with internet access;
- Regular and consistent access to a working cell phone with data;
- Access to transportation to get to work at a variety of locations both in your constituency, and Simcoe County (On hold due to Covid-19);
- Access to various Adobe software such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Able to work remotely or on various on-site locations when needed;
- Post-secondary education in communications, design, and illustration is desirable.
The OMCI team seeks individuals who enjoy collaboration, creativity, learning new skills, and engaging with the artists, and the community. This position may involve working some evenings and weekends as needed for special events and items needed on an urgent basis. Membership is not required to participate in the competition for this position, and no preference is given to existing members in our ranking process, however, upon acceptance of an employment contract, all employees are required to join the co-operative.
You are welcome to complete co-op work terms or school assignments through your participation in this program. We ask that any photos, documents or other content that you may need for your report/presentation be cleared through one of the corporate officers to ensure we are meeting our responsibilities to all employees, members, and volunteers.
*** RETURNING STAFF are encouraged to add a cover letter file detailing their growth since last season, why they would like to return, and what they hope to get out of the program if selected for 2021.