Reuters has an exciting opportunity for a journalist looking to work at the cutting edge of efforts to identify and tackle misinformation on social media. This fast-paced role, within our fact-checking department, will involve guiding the work of a team of fact-checking researchers and providing expert assessment of false and misleading narratives as they emerge.
About the Role
As an Fact-Checking Editor at Reuters, you will:
- In this position you will identify viral content relating to misinformation topics and carry out research to establish the facts behind it.
- You will show a fair and considered approach and be a confident decision maker.
About the You
To be our Fact-Checking Editor, you will likely:
- Show excellent news judgement
- Have experience working in the field of verification or misinformation analysis
- Be able to express complex ideas in precise and unambiguous written English
Demonstrate a capacity to collaborate successfully with a remote team
- A passion for current affairs is a must, as you will be examining material across a broad range of topics, from politics to health
This role has a daytime shift pattern, with occasional weekend work. It is based in our Toronto office, with opportunities to work remotely.
What's in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: we have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our employees
- Benefits: we offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world's most important stories
Reuters is the world's largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers.
Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services
- Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.