Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Playing a lead role in the development and execution of marketing communications strategies and plans for our Marketing Communications team, you oversee the development and execution of marketing and communications advertising programs, campaigns and strategies for all channels (traditional/online, etc.) in support of all CP lines of business (LOBs). A strong communicator and skilled storyteller, you're passionate about developing communications that drive strong stakeholder engagement. Highly organized, you are adept at keeping multiple projects on time and on budget.
- Oversee the development and execution of marketing and communications strategies for CP branded programs, campaigns and initiatives. Additionally, oversee campaign and program development specific to the tactical execution of advertising, collateral and promotional materials;
- Provide advisory support and strategic counsel to members of the team and LOBs regarding advertising and communications tactics (e.g.; digital/print and program ads, customer tradeshows/events, etc.). This involves researching the most effective tactics to achieve the agreed upon objectives, as well as media planning, buying and trafficking as required to execute these tactics;
- Participate in the development and implementation of messaging for CP's external social/digital content strategy;
- Ensure all marketing communications activities and interactions align with CP's brand vision and values, and maintain a consistently high standard for adherence to the CP Brand Guide;
- Participate in the development of the team marketing dashboard, campaign analysis, as well as conducting ongoing data analysis and tracking of metrics against KPIs;
- Participate in the development of strategic communications on behalf of CP's lines of business (LOBs) which includes copywriting for advertising and marketing campaigns;
- Assist with the development of corporate publications and associated digital content including CP's Annual Report, Diversity and Inclusion report, CSR report and Canadian Pacific Magazine;
- Assist in the development of a monthly content calendar in support of all marketing communications and media/public relations activities and LOB campaigns;
- As other needs arise, provide support for the team and other LOBs as required (e.g.; Sponsorships & Events or digital image/graphic requests);
- Post-secondary degree within the fields of Marketing/Advertising/Communications;
- 3-6 years' relevant experience and working knowledge of internal/external marketing communications tactics, channels and tools;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills;
- Highly organized, detail oriented, you are adept at keeping multiple projects on time and on budget;
- Strong service orientation committed to building effective relationships;
- Ability to work independently, accurately and effectively within a fast-paced environment;
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Familiarity with web and social media channels, tools, applications and techniques is an asset;
- Advertising experience an asset;
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").