Please attach or provide a link to your portfolio in your application. Applications without creative work samples will not be considered.
Looking to make a difference in the Jewish non-profit sector? Hillel Ontario is seeking a graphic designer, who will be a dynamic individual with a natural aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving. They should have a self-starter mindset while being highly driven to grow. Successful applicants will have strong creative and technical skills, be proficient in Adobe's Creative Suite, with knowledge in Final Cut, and can handle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide graphic design services and support to Hillel Ontario's campuses.
- Maintain brand guidelines.
- Oversee design and development of Hillel Ontario's web properties.
- Work across the organization to develop and/or support content strategies.
- Repackage traditional content into web-friendly and digital-first formats.
- Support new campaigns with creating web-based platforms and solutions.
What You Will Do Well
- Be a fast learner who is flexible and adaptable.
- Work creatively within a team environment.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with internal clients
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced multi-project environment
- A receptive attitude to creative direction and adapt to a multitude of changes
- Resist complacency and always strive for excellence.
- Fluency in graphic design with a strong portfolio demonstrating knowledge of typography, best practices in design and foundations, and Adobe suite.
- Knowledge of basic web design and development, with experience using online platforms (i.e. Wordpress, etc.)
- Ability to translate complex information into easily-understood, beautiful visual formats.
- Ability to understand overarching strategy while maintaining focus on details.
- Strong photography and/or video editing skills are a plus.
What You'll Receive
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $35,000-$40,000.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- This position has an intended start date of August 3, 2021
ABOUT HILLEL ONTARIO
Hillel Ontario serves approximately 14,000 Jewish students across nine universities, and is the largest regional Hillel system in the world. A model for the Hillel movement, Hillel Ontario was created on October 1, 2015 and strives to inspire every Jewish student in Ontario to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel.
ABOUT HILLEL INTERNATIONAL
Hillel Ontario is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.