As part of Cayenta's DevOps & Product Delivery Team, you will be responsible for the establishment and oversight of software and product documentation practices for the Cayenta organization. This is a hybrid technical and business role, requiring 'soft' skills and the ability to work across various departments to achieve our mandate of user, marketing and administrator-friendly content. You will be reporting to the Directory of DevOps & Product Delivery.
This position is based in Vancouver, BC, and for this reason, preference is for a Vancouver-based candidate. We are open to remote candidates across Canada.
WHAT WILL BE YOUR NEW ROLE
- Define and drive a vision for the Technical and Product documentation content.
- Evaluate, implement and improve the documentation platform and overall process of content authoring.
- Establish content and distribution guidelines based on audience (user, consultant, developer, etc.)
- Work with Product Management to clarify documentation needs, requirements and assignments.
- Conduct interviews with developers, application consultants and subject matter experts to gather data for documentation.
- Participate in Product Development planning sessions to ensure documentation specifications are adhered to and completed as part of agile user story completion.
- Plan and strategize structural and content changes in documentation.
- Perform copy editing, technical editing, and proofreading services on a variety of internal and external documents, reviewing for style, grammar, syntax, and organization/consistency of content.
- Manage the generation of documentation throughout the defined lifecycle.
- Plan and steer meetings related to documentation management.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Degree in Computer Science, English, Technical Writing, or related field
- 2+ years of professional experience in technical communications and information design
- Advanced knowledge of documentation and collaboration software such as Confluence
- Advanced knowledge of desktop publishing software as well as web authoring, presentation and graphics software
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience in handling multiple projects concurrently and as an individual contributor
- Strong organizational ability and analytical thinking skills
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Understanding of and experience working in the ERP or Utility industry
- Familiarity with Microsoft Manual of Style, AP, and/or Chicago Manual of Style
WHAT WE OFFER
- 3 weeks' vacation and 5 personal days
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage from your first day of employment
- Employee stock ownership and RRSP/401k matching programs
- Lifestyle rewards
- Flexible work options (and some pretty cool offices!)
- And more!
HOW TO APPLY
If you want to apply to this Full Stack Developer job ( R0010826 ) , click here to apply online. If this role does not align with your career goals, feel free to review all our current opportunities here or submit your resume to our Harris Talent Network here for future opportunities.