TechInsights is the global leader in semiconductor and advanced technology analysis, supporting a fair marketplace where intellectual property can be protected and monetized. With a 30-year track record of working with the world's largest technology companies, we are now an organization of over 300 people. By revealing the innovation others can't inside the broadest range of advanced technology products, we prove patent value and enable business leaders to make the best, fact-based IP and technology investment decisions. TechInsights is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with operations in USA, Poland, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, China, and England.
WHAT WE DO
TechInsights analyzes technology products from the package to the atomic level to reveal the innovations others cannot. We document our analyses in detail and make this data available to customers through our proprietary platforms and tools. Our clients use our technology intelligence to innovate and advance the world we live in.
TechInsights' team is growing and we are seeking a high caliber GPU architect with significant industry experience in design and fabrication. This is a remote role during Covid-19 with the option continue working remotely afterwards.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you will document and present on technology advancements, their context and importance to the technology areas, as well as forecasting future technology changes. Audiences will be both internal and external, guiding and setting expectations for TechInsights analysis products as well as direct customer communications through reports, blogs and seminars.
You will leverage your experience in image sensor circuit design and fabrication to support TechInsights products and provide customers with insightful analyses of technology changes. Working closely with product managers, you will advocate from the customer's perspective for specific content and delivery formats that maximize the value to the customer. Additionally, working with engineering teams, you will provide technology training and set content quality standards that align with TechInsights product definitions.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound impact enabling like-minded talent to innovate!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Product management support
- Define technical quality standards for engineering
- Provide the industry perspective and knowledge to internal stakeholders
- Support product definition decisions based on customer/market understanding
- Develop and maintain the technology node roadmap
- Distill key findings to help interpretation and to provide context
- Support the development of and deliver customer briefings and seminars
- Perform technology and architecture benchmarking, trend awareness, and continuous competitive assessment
- Provide technical training of engineering staff in GPU design and fabrication
- Provide industry perspective and knowledge to engineering staff on an ongoing basis
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Post-secondary education in a related technical discipline
- 10+ years experience in GPU design and fabrication, including hands on experience in GPU hardware system design
- Familiar with high level performance modelling and analysis of graphics H/W features
- Strong and relevant experience and background in Computer Graphics and GPU H/W
- Deep understanding of GPU concept and pipeline, in terms of Graphics processing and parallel computing
- Good understanding of computational logic, encoder/decoder, cache and memory controllers architecture
- Good understanding of GPU shader unit design, microprocessor design, and CPU/GPU coexistence and interoperability
- Understanding of new merging workloads for GPGPU such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, AR/VR and High Performance Computing HPC;
- Good knowledge of graphics and computer API's (OpenGL, CUDA, OpenCL, DX, Vulcan);
- Ability to work with across multiple functional teams and levels within the organization to execute against business requirements while ensuring alignment with corporate objectives
- Management or team lead experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
WHY WORK WITH US?
Competitive salaries, and career opportunities are some of the components that draw talent to our company. More importantly, our diverse team, strong sense of camaraderie, mutual respect and shared goals that define our culture, keep talent with our company.
TechInsights is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.