Graphic Design Intern (Temporary)
- ( 21000108 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 350 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We're marketers, communicators, and strategic pursuit partners who play an integral role in developing and executing creative vision, innovative solutions, and business strategies. As trusted advisors, we collaborate with designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers to drive projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Seeking a technical junkie to join our team! A keen eye for detail along with technical know-how makes this position indispensable
- and in-demand
- part of the creative team. Strong typographic and layout skills, strict attention to detail, and outstanding organizational, task management, file-organization and archiving skills are a must.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Collaborating closely with design managers and designers
- Prepare final files based on supplied specifications for print and digital mediums
- Adjusting designs to various formats
- Provide image retouching, close cropping, and color correction
- Work in PPT to produce presentations based on existing templates
- Work within templates to produce marketing collateral
- Ensure brand standards are met
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in digital design with a focus on UX and visual storytelling
- Experience with InDesign Publish Online, interactive pdfs, and interactive web experiences
- Experience with designing for social media
- Experience in print design/process with a focus on layout
- Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Skills in animation, illustration and/or video are an asset
- Ability to work effectively within a group, as well as independently
- Must thrive working in a deadline-driven environment
Education and Experience
- Pursuing post-secondary education in graphic design in a diploma or degree program (third or fourth year)
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Work Locations :
Job : Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Organization : BC-1196 Marketing & Communications-Corporate-Canada
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 23, 2021, 8:55:07 AM
Req ID: 21000108
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans