We're Frozen Mountain Software and we are all about connecting people, everywhere, to what matters most. We're a hidden gem that is based in the heart of Surrey, BC (the fastest-growing city in the province!). We were awarded Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers in 2018 and 2019 and we were featured in the City of Surrey's 2017-2027 Economic Strategy for our commitment to nurturing a great culture.
At Frozen Mountain, we also do everything we can to look after our FM Family (employees!) from flexible work hours, remote work days, tons of free food and snacks, and awesome company events are just the beginning. The teams themselves are high impact, A-players who are incredibly brilliant!
We are always looking to expand our products into new and exciting areas such VR, Google Glass, iOT devices and any other exciting technology that comes our way! We are currently seeking a Technical Writer to help us turn our complex and technically difficult written material into clear and concise documentation.
What you will be doing:
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Build and follow a Documentation as Code workflow
- Work in close collaboration with a variety of stakeholders to prepare technical documentation and procedures
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation in hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Design and create document templates for optimal readability and usability.
- Work to gather project information, analyze documentation requirements, and create content that is easily understood and accessible across a variety of audiences
- Provide writing and editing support to other team members
We're often asked, "what does it take to succeed at Frozen Mountain?" You've got to have a huge appetite for learning, take ownership, and be smart without having an ego. Here at FM, we believe in the FORCE! (Family, Ownership, Resourcefulness, Community, Excellence) Is the FORCE strong within you? Below are more details of what we are looking for in this role.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Technical Communications, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience working in a similar, technical capacity
- Familiarity with Docs as Code tools, workflows and best practices
- Familiarity with JIRA and Agile methodology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to convey technical information in a concise, effective manner appropriate for its intended audience.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to structure large amounts of information and anticipate the reader's knowledge gap
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly
- Self-motivated, can work independently, problem solve like a boss
- Experience in WebRTC (Real Time Communications) technical writing is a huge plus
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, and we're not just saying that! We compare our salaries to local averages to make sure that we stay ahead.
- Extended Health Benefits paid 100% by the company, RRSP matching up to 5%
- Internal opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Awesome staff events
- Comfortable, ergonomic work spaces with top-notch hardware
- Yearly allowance for branded clothing and swag ($100 to spend)
- Work-from-home days, flexible office hours, and a relaxed office environment
- A space where egos are checked at the door, sleeves are rolled up to lend you a hand, ping pong is serious business and where the CEO will know you by name, rather than by number.
Created by brothers Anton and Jerod Venema in 2008, FM has grown to over 50 employees, and 500 customers in 47 countries worldwide. Through technology and innovation, we inspire and enable development teams through industry leading enterprise-class real-time streaming and analytic solutions. With products built from the ground up, we live and breathe RTC technology. Come work for a company that is built by Developers, for Developers!
Frozen Mountain is committed to be a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.