Technical Writer, Proposals
Spare is a suite of sustainable mobility products, which have an impact on the day-to-day lives of individuals globally. We are currently looking for our first Technical Writer, Proposals to join our Growth team.
Our Growth team is responsible for creating and closing revenue-generating opportunities for Spare. As many of these opportunities come through the bid process, we are hiring a Technical Writer to support our Proposal Manager and Account Executives create the most successful bid responses.
Spare HQ is Vancouver, BC, but this position is open to remote work options across Canada.
What you'll do
- Bid Monitoring: research and source bids from procurement sites; monitor RFX addenda for bids that are determined as a ?go?
- CRM Management: work with Growth team members to keep opportunities up-to-date in Salesforce
- Content Coordination: work cross-functionally to understand the Spare product, write and customize proposal sections, including cover letters, executive summaries, preambles, specification list, bios, and project descriptions
- Proposal Management: schedule kick-off meetings with relevant stakeholders, and continuously keep all content up-to-date
- Proposal Writing: communicate each aspect of our technology, services/support, and commercial/technical elements through engaging written content
- Other Writing: write and edit Marketing and Growth collateral and create ad-hoc evergreen Marketing content
- Content Library Management: build and maintain an up-to-date Content Library of proposal responses
Who you are
- You have experience writing and editing highly technical content in a way that is engaging and easily digestible for a variety of audiences
- You have written multiple types of content, including but not limited to technical one-pagers, training documentation, proposals, product specification sheets, long-form reports, grant applications, and/or digital copy (e.g. guides, blogs, etc)
- You enjoy researching market trends and digging deeper into the industry you are writing about
- You understand how to write clear value propositions for customers
- You have experience coordinating or managing projects large and small, and feel comfortable taking responsibility for projects end-to-end
- You have an eye for detail, both in written content and when it comes to process improvement
- You have the ability to think creatively and work with tight deadlines
- You are interested in topics like urban planning, geography, accessibility, and/or transportation
What we're doing @ Spare
Spare is a SaaS platform that enables anyone, anywhere **to launch a smart transportation service. Our mission is to empower cities to transform how their communities move with accessible, sustainable transportation networks, starting with on-demand microtransit!
We believe in creating a space for everyone to share their ideas, empowering creativity and continuous learning. We're still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in shaping the upcoming chapters and Spare's direction. You will be able to influence your career progression and generate a lasting impact by making headway on the cause for shared mobility.
Not a mobility geek? Take a moment to think about why you chose to live where you do, how easy it is for you to move around, and what makes a city livable. Mobility is paramount in every aspect of our lives, but not everyone has equal and easy access to public transit. Let's change it together!
About Our Team
We strive to build a diverse company full of inclusive, fun, hard-working people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We look for the kind of people who are dedicated to going above and beyond and will build up the team as a whole by helping each team member achieve their own individual goals.
Spare is for the creative, the personal, the passionate, the uncompromising, and those who want to truly understand the impact transportation has on daily life.
What we offer
A passionate, dedicated team, focused on innovation and building a world-class platform.
The opportunity to make an impact on communities around the world. Add an aspect of social good back into your day!
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and paramedical coverage, as well as an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family (equivalent to 12 hours of counselling annually, as well as financial and caregiver support).
Health, wellness and education support through our $500 Lifestyle Spending policy. Take a course or buy a kayak
- up to you!
Completely remote-optional work environment and beautiful downtown Vancouver office space if/when you prefer to be in the office.
An inclusive environment, where we focus every day on our people and the people in communities around us.
Spare Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.