Position Title: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Section: Public Relations and Communications
Location: Commissionaires Victoria, Divisional Office, Victoria, BC
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Position Status: Non-Union
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for executing CVIY's communications, social media, web development, photography, videography and branding initiatives.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator positively reinforces the professional image and reputation of Commissionaires Victoria, the Islands and Yukon through their contributions in two main areas: developing customer-focused online communications material and delivering relevant content for key internal and external PR and communications activities for digital and conventional channels and platforms, as well as to achieve goals for brand recognition.
- Execute communications, marketing and web advertising campaigns to build brand recognition and awareness.
- Produce effective messaging with key stakeholders for public relations and branding.
- Grow social media presence through content development creation, measure web analytics and credibility and maintain company profiles on various social media platforms.
- Monitor security and community news and partake in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and industry.
- Directly support CVIY departments with priority focus on recruiting and training and their alignment with web and social media presence and growth.
- Draft press releases and coordinate contact with PR agencies.
- Act as lead with communications to stakeholders, members & public.
- Prepare proactive media stories and draft media materials.
- Organizing media events and maintaining relationships with external agencies that may be involved.
- Administer the CVIY website and social media activity footprint using all our key social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google, Yelp and YouTube).
- Initiate the design and production of printed materials, presentations, and other communication tools.
- Coordinate and distribute a company newsletter, media releases, and other publications as required.
- Ensure back up of all CVIY projects.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare a Web Marketing Communications Plan and update it as required.
- In collaboration with the Business Development, Recruiting and Operations teams, deliver the current communications and public relations strategy, in conjunction with development priorities and strategic direction of the organization.
- Remain current on local, national, and international news related to security services, best practices and emerging technology that will ?add value? to the security services of CVIY clients and Commissionaires.
- Know the competition and strive to position Commissionaires as the preferred security solutions company.
- Identify potential areas where the image or reputation of Commissionaires could be damaged and develop mitigation measures and solutions to remedy those areas.
- Develop professional and credible marketing and sales material for general use in attracting potential clients.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- A degree or diploma, volunteer experience and professional experience in; Web Development, Social Media Management, Visual Design, Photography, Videography, Journalism, Media Communications, Advertising and Marketing.
- Successful track record as a marketing and communications specialist with 5 years related experience in visual design, web marketing, advertising, photography, videography, content development within the not-for-profit sector or security industry.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Competitive salary
- Group-life Insurance and Long-term Disability
- Health & Dental coverage
- BC Transit ProPass
- Paid sick, vacation and personal needs time-off
- RRSP contributions
Commissionaires Victoria, the Islands and Yukon offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and exciting opportunities for advancement for qualified candidates.
Commissionaires Victoria, the Islands, and Yukon proudly celebrates diversity through an inclusive work environment, and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.