Data Analyst, Customer Lifecycle Marketing
Vancouver, BC, Canada Req #97
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is Vancouver's homegrown meal kit delivery service. We help people throughout B.C. make world-class dinners with fresh, pre-cut and pre-portioned ingredients along with an extended menu of over 100 add-ons from local suppliers delivered weekly to your door.
From sourcing quality local goods, to delivering in reusable, recyclable and compostable packaging, we believe it's possible to make convenient eating healthy and sustainable for the community we live in.
In the past few years, we have collected first place awards for The Georgia Straight's Golden Plates (2019 and 2020) in addition to winning the 23rd and 24th Annual Best of Vancouver award for Best Meal Kit Service as voted by readers (2018 and 2019). Fresh Prep also placed on the Canadian Business and Maclean's Magazine STARTUP LIST 2020 as a high-growth Canadian startup.
Who You Are
Curious and technical, you like to problem solve and dive deep into data questions. You like helping others find insights and make strategic and tactical decisions based on the analysis you provide.
Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take the initiative to make continuous process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable for your deliverables.
- Strong communicator: Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Open: You are open to constructive feedback, but aren't afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You'll Be Doing
- Undertake complex analysis, but instilling key insights in a simple model for business stakeholders to understand and act upon.
- Support the performance and optimization of the Customer Lifecycle Marketing (CLM) program.
- Manage the tools, systems, and data to make the CLM team more efficient, effective, and data-driven.
- Work closely with the CLM team and other stakeholders to provide analysis and insights that help inform decision making and drive program improvements.
- Craft insights into a narrative that can be shared and understood cross-organizationally.
- Develop company-wide and campaign-specific performance reports and dashboards.
- Develop/reveal insights that will help the team increase meaningful customer outcomes, and establish best practices for customer marketing at Fresh Prep
- Interrogate customer behavioural data and drive these insights to relevant stakeholders for action.
- Fluently write SQL queries that pull, join, clean, filter and aggregate data.
- Use these queries to develop and maintain actionable dashboards, analyses, and key insights to increase internal understanding of Customer lifecycle KPIs and other business drivers.
- Transform findings into compelling presentations, including graphs, charts, or dashboards, aimed at answering key business questions and present to executive stakeholders.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders and data analytics teams to create and scale a data and KPI strategy for CLM initiatives.
- Identify marketing data needs to develop high-value, actionable reporting aimed at answering key business questions.
- Build and maintain the integrity of marketing data through the delivery of validated, accurate reports with as much self-service access as possible.
- Assist in the data collection and cleansing process of data gathered from primary research.
- Work cross collaboratively from time to time with Product Marketing and internal marketing teams to validate decisions and provide data-driven ROI.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, mathematics, statistics, marketing, economics, or computer science
- Experience in reporting, analytics, research, and planning
- 3+ years of relevant experience in data analysis, business analysis, and/or statistics
- Fluency with Google Cloud Platform's Standard SQL or at least one version of SQL
- Experience with Business Intelligence software such as Google Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau, Looker, Science, DBever or others.
- Experience with research tools like Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, SPSS, PSPP is a nice to have.
- Highly proficient in G Suite and/or Microsoft Office Tools
What You Can Expect
- An inclusive, fun workplace filled with fantastic colleagues. We're a certified B-Corporation and our team is passionate about making a positive difference (and also about food!)
- The ability to work from home or from our HQ located in beautiful East Vancouver
- Competitive pay and bonuses, as well as the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Plan.
- Comprehensive health benefits (including medical, dental, vision and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week and sample meals from our test kitchen at our HQ!
Fresh Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and prohibit discrimination of any kind. We value diversity at our company and at all job levels our goal is to be diverse, inclusive and representative of the communities we operate in. We endeavour to recruit, develop and retain the best talent from a diverse candidate pool and truly believe that diversity, equity and inclusion among our team members is vital to our success as a company. We trust that in applying for a role with us you value this as well!