Since our launch almost 30 years ago, we've made it our mission to prove that a plant-powered diet can be satisfying, energizing and undeniably delicious. We craft award-winning fresh food and juices you can feel good about. The kind that brings positive energy to carry you through the rest of your day. That's the Fresh feeling, and it's something you'll never stop craving.
With the knowledge and resilience that comes from a legacy stretching back almost 3 decades, Fresh is embracing the realities of the restaurant business in 2021. We've specifically tailored the Fresh experience for life with COVID-19, putting a stronger focus on takeout and delivery but also standing poised to integrate full-service dining as soon as permitted. We believe there should be no sacrifice of experience just because you're picking up or getting delivery and not dining in.
Are you a foodie passionate about empowering a brand and having your creative ideas reach far and wide? Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that's continuously evolving? Do numbers, strategy and KPIs excite you just as much as Instagram reels and TikTok challenges? If you're still here, come join our team at Fresh Restaurants!
We're looking for a thinker and maker
- someone resourceful, personable and creative who can communicate Fresh's story authentically. Reporting to the VP of Operations & Growth, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for all brand partnerships and the entire communications strategy life cycle
- from ideation to execution to post-analysis reporting
- with the goal of increasing revenue for the business.
You'll get to:
- Build the Fresh Brand
- from our experience in-app to how we tell our story, you will help shape the Fresh brand as we continue to enter new markets
- Collaborate with other major Canadian brands
- Manage the Fresh Restaurants app and oversee its growth and development
- Manage all delivery partner relationships (Uber Eats, etc)
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership team to come up with new ways to generate revenue for the business (e.g. promotions, menu items, new products) and execute the go-to-market strategy for these initiatives
- Salary range: $70,000
- Option to join healthcare benefits
- Free meals on the Fresh App
- Consistent learning and development opportunities
- A casual and inclusive work environment
- Discounts at local retailers and more!
- Able to work from home independently and visit restaurant locations when required
- Able to work outside typical office hours as our restaurants and customers need support at all hours and flexibility in working hours is expected
- Experience and understanding of the restaurant industry, food service operations and delivery apps
- 3+ years leading a small yet high-output team
- 3+ years in a brand management and/or marketing role
- Expert proficiency in the Google Suite (particularly Sheets), Adobe CC Suite, Hootsuite and MailChimp
- Robust understanding and experience with SEO, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, newsletter distribution, and major social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tik Tok etc.
- Adaptable learning agility and willingness to take on new challenges with a hands on when building marketing campaigns & assets from scratch
- Progressive knowledge on inclusive marketing movements that actions Fresh voice on social change
- Effective customer-centric approach
- you are always thinking about how our customers interact with the brand
- Impactful knowledge of leading social media platforms and successful brand strategies
- both paid and organic
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Strong project management, time management and organization skills
- Bonus for experience on the restaurant side with third party delivery apps such as UberEats, DoorDash, SkipTheDishes, etc.
- Bonus for post-secondary education in marketing, entrepreneurship or related field
As someone immersed in the digital world, you are ahead of the curve when it comes to social trends
The Marketing Manager is knowledgeable on inclusive marketing movements and ensures all communications support Fresh's company values of inclusivity and accountability. You'll be a quick thinker who protects the Fresh brand with every decision you make, and with your exceptional customer service and relationship management skills, you'll be able to inspire anyone interacting with the brand
- from guests to partners and employees.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own all aspects involved in marketing initiatives and revenue generation including brand awareness
- Gather the metric reporting for performance of promotions across social media and all aggregators
- Own all consumer touchpoints including the website, Shopify page, food ordering apps, print material, review platforms, and more
- Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
- Develop innovative marketing sales strategies to expand consumer reach, gain market share, increase earnings and eliminate inefficiencies
- Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
- Monitor the performance of all campaigns and in-store promotions, including input and explanations for results and outcomes
- Protect the Fresh brand by ensuring that brand guidelines, company vision, and value proposition is consistent across all projects
- Approve public relations kits, philanthropic initiatives, content calendars, asset creation and any other programs completed by the marketing team
- Manage partnerships with external agencies, freelancers and independent contractors, putting Fresh's best interest in mind, ensuring projects are completed to specifications while meeting deadlines
- Own the success and operations of the Fresh Restaurants app by communicating with all stakeholders and managing the 3rd party vendor relationship
- Ensure edits and updates to content on third party apps for North American locations are completed, including updating prices, fixing errors in descriptions, re-activating items, adding new menu items, etc
- Own the entire customer experience and journey through all digital platforms
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership on all new product launches in all marketplaces; build and execute the go-to-market plan
- Achieve all marketing objectives and timelines within budget and with positive ROI
- Work cross-functionally with all teams to continuously integrate consistent brand messaging across all touchpoints in the customer journey (social, ads, email, in-store, in-app)
- Responsible for the professional growth and development of the marketing team which currently includes 2 direct reports; Social Media & Content Specialist and Marketing Coordinator
- Participate in full hiring cycle of all positions within the marketing department
- Plan and complete performance reviews in a timely manner following Fresh guidelines and provide constructive feedback
- Hold staff accountable to all marketing procedures and standards set out by Fresh
- Delegate and follow up on tasks while remaining accountable for the overall team
- Complete and apply learning and development initiatives such as diversity and inclusion, procedures, skill development, etc.
- Brainstorm strategies to improve morale, reduce turnover, increase teamwork and deter disengagement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fresh strives to further challenge and disrupt the status quo to become a champion of diversity, inclusion, equity and anti-oppression. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization through inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and work environments. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We are pleased to provide accommodations at any point to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable application process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.