What We'll Bring: Protecting the health and wellness of our associates and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. In supporting this vision, our recruitment and new hire experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we're not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and new hire experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
What You'll Bring:
We are looking for a dynamic individual and expert that will lead Group Marketing in Canada. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 15 years of B2B marketing, preferably focused on data and/or technology in Financial Services. You will work alongside a dynamic communications team to help build and protect TransUnion's reputation within the Canadian market and on a global scale. The ideal candidate will have strong communication expertise, business acumen and people skills, and will be responsible for setting and executing strategic communication plans. You must be highly strategic with proven experience in effectively creating marketing campaigns for a variety of buyers. The ability to collaborate in both a regional and company-wide matrix is a must, as is a proven track record in performance-driven marketing.
Expertise in full-funnel acquisition and nurture campaigns using a marketing automation platform (i.e., Eloqua, Pardot, Salesforce), as well as deep experience in cross-channel marketing strategies (i.e., email, social media, web, PR and events) is needed, as is the ability to measure and report on program effectiveness. A professional history of close collaboration with sales, product and executive leadership must be demonstrated. Please see below for specific details.
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing or communications with 15+ years of experience in marketing communications. An MBA in Marketing Communications and strong experience in digital marketing is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience that indicates that the incumbent can think ?outside of the box?. Proficient in overall strategic planning, vendor negotiation, budgeting and communications. The incumbent must be able to collaborate, problem-solve and be able to manage change. Creativity, flexibility and initiative is required.
- Must be well organized with excellent analytical and negotiating skills, combined with superior oral and written communication skills. Expert knowledge of brand fundamentals and principles. Proven ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure. Accountable for delivering results. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with varying due dates and requirements. Must have managed a marketing team or similar. Excellent prioritization and organizational skills, including the ability to interact effectively with senior and executive management.
- Must be able to compose and/or coordinate complex correspondence such as reports and presentations in a clear and concise manner. Must be able to proofread work of the team with suggested changes.
- Must be a self-starter with entrepreneurial approach to client interactions.
- Requires high levels of energy, resilience and ability to display creativity in offerings.
- Requires occasional travel.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of software or similar applications.
- Bilingual, English and French is an asset
Impact You'll Make:
Strategy and positioning:
- Work in partnership with international communications and your local PR agency to establish and execute short- and long-term vision for public affairs and issues management communication strategy that protect TransUnion's reputation and promote the company's interests. Envision opportunities and set goals that are consistent with TransUnion's objectives, define and develop compelling messaging and communication programs, and measure success.
- Help develop and lead a public affairs communication program that will articulate and amplify TransUnion points of view on external topics affecting our industry.
- Build strong relationships with colleagues from various departments across TransUnion to address communication requests and opportunities, providing guidance and/or deliverables regarding strategic approach, messaging and tactical execution. Key relationships include colleagues representing legal, compliance, government relations, information security, public relations, marketing, internal communications, design, social media, sales, investor relations, and more.
- Serve as a collaborative partner with regional leadership so that you can create effective program strategy around business needs. You will serve as marketing's primary liaison, as well as a valued strategic partner to the Canadian leadership team.
- Stay in lock step with vertical sales, product and professional services leadership to understand their changing needs and expectations.
- Ensure thorough understanding of sub-vertical markets, TransUnion's solutions in the space, and unique value propositions at the business and product levels in order to inform actionable marketing plans. This includes market share, share of market goals for each business area, revenue goals, revenue drivers, competitors, top customers and breakdown of audience size and needs within each business area.
- Understand existing customer base and use segmentation and effective marketing programming to increase the lifetime customer value and minimize attrition.
- Use your deep understanding of the marketplace to help leadership define where we should be expanding/entering for the first time and where TU's vast product set can create economic impact for the vertical.
- Deliver information on (and access to) strategies, SME's, relevant materials, messages, etc., to the marketing services teams to inform creation of outstanding materials and to execute successful campaigns.
- Continuously collaborate with (and educate) sales leadership and their teams on the objectives of marketing programs and effective campaign follow up. Communicate results and inform cross-functional teams of sales feedback in order inform augmentation of future campaigns.
- Develop relationships with key industry trade groups/associations to advance Canada's position in the marketplace.
- Manages extension of the brand strategy and gains alignment and understanding from internal and external audiences of key strategic brand efforts so it can be effectively implemented. In addition, it oversees the corporate brand standards and drives consistency between the brand image and its positioning. Leads, coordinates and participates in divisional initiatives to ensure brand strategy is communicated, understood and implemented.
- Be single point of contact with the TU marketing team in the USA, to manage the relationship, provide input to Global strategies and ensure execution thereof as appropriate.
Campaign design and collaboration:
- Partner with the marketing team to develop and execute cross-channel strategic marketing plans/programs for Canada. This includes PR, events, social, web, email and other channels.
- Partner closely with thought leadership content creators on go-to-market execution. Plan together on a quarterly basis to ensure that campaign content creation is mapped out well in advance of campaign launch.
- Partner with product, sales and field marketing on go-to-market strategy / execution / deliverables.
- Create a distribution plan for each campaign depending on campaign objectives.
- Be responsible for vetting and securing advertising opportunities.
- Work with the internal communications team to amplify the appropriate programs and results across the TU associate base.
- Participate as a team member to support brand marketing.
- During three-year planning process, serve as point person for marketing plan development, liaising with vertical leadership, marketing services, corporate communications, etc., to deliver a marketing plan that fully supports Canada's financial and brand goals.
- Acts as a business partner to business units, to strategize, prioritize and align annual marketing goals with communication needs.
- Coordinates and manages project resources including internal creative teams, advertising agencies, graphic designers and copywriters. Authorizes and manages all work by outside agencies and vendors for the creation and production of promotional materials, ensuring compliance to brand standards.
Project management, goals and budget:
- Manage Canada specific marketing programs from start to finish including strategic direction, creative, execution, goal development and measurement. You are the overall project manager.
- Ensure that integrated marketing and communications plans
- include key messaging, positioning, channel spend allocations and measurable objectives
- are all in alignment with overall enterprise and business unit goals.
- Own creative brief development after pre-campaign strategy is determined with team. Inform the cross-functional teams of audience specifics (key messages, size, roles, needs, objections, motivations, drivers, etc.), campaign objectives (goals, strategy) and measurement metrics.
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title: Sr Advisor, Marketing Communications