This role is located in Halifax, NS.
Varicent was originally founded in 2004 and re-founded in January 2020 after being acquired by IBM in 2012. Varicent delivers the only complete Sales Performance Management (SPM) solution addressing the needs of the entire corporation including Compensation Calculation, Territory and Quota Management using state-of-the-art SaaS technologies for Hybrid Cloud and On-Premise Deployments.
We are currently looking for an Associate Business Consultant with English, French and / or Spanish language skills to join our Professional Services team located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
In this role, you will work closely with our clients in many industries such as Financial Services, High Tech, Banking, Manufacturing, Retail, and Insurance to identify, design and configure Sales Performance Management (SPM) solutions to meet their business and technical needs.
Benefits and perks:
- Very Competitive Salary
- Variable Incentive Plan
- Bright, modern office environment and / or Flexible Work from home options
- Relaxed, Welcoming and Supportive Team.... Working together for your success
- Extremely high performing ... results driven Team Based environment
- Social and team-building events
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Varicent is committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
For more information about Varicent, please visit our website at www.varicent.com
You bring to Varicent
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related business discipline
- Experience implementing Enterprise Applications
- An analytical mindset with a keen focus on data
- Prior experience with Query Based Languages and Relational Databases
- Strong business communication skills (verbal and written)
- High energy with a drive to succeed
- A desire and willingness to travel
- Confidence in yourself and in your capabilities
What you'll do
- Become an expert in designing, building, maintaining and extending data models in Varicent
- Quickly learn about how different sales organizations operate in order to gather and document thorough business requirements
- Design and build flexible and scalable compensation models using established proven practices
- Create elegant and accurate reports, workflows and dashboards in Varicent
- Work with customers to develop overall testing plans, test cases and scripts
- Enable your customers to effectively use and maintain their Varicent solution
- Develop Extract/Transform/Load processes for data preparation
- Document and communicate project status regularly to the Project Management team
- Coordinate and communicate with the customer's project manager and project resources
- Assist customers in making decisions to properly and creatively utilize Varicent features to meet their needs
- Travel to client sites domestically or internationally as required (25-80%)