Hey there, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that's working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space. We don't have brick-and-mortar stores, so we're able to deliver better value on beautiful modern furniture. We've ranked as one of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies for the last three years, and we're on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members who want to solve meaningful problems in pursuit of being remarkably better for our customers.
We're looking for a Photo Editor to help elevate the Article experience through our imagery. You'll be working closely with our Photo Manager, in partnership with our photo editing team, to create beautiful imagery that inspires our customers and helps them visualize what Article products could look like in their spaces. This role is flexible and can WFH but may be required to attend meetings and view samples in our Vancouver headquarters and therefore will not be able to work remotely.
What you'll be doing:
- Owning the speedy and efficient editing of our constant stream of studio photography, upholding our editing best practices and applying them to a range of photography.
- Acting as an integral part of the team that manages the photo file naming, tagging and storing
- Maintaining and organizing raw and processed files to enable quick access and a well-managed archive
- Contributing to the overall product discussion; openness to corrections and adjustments made necessary by customer feedback
- Coordinating with our Product team on retouching tasks and adjustments
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- 2+ years experience in technical image processing
- Experience using and organizing files on internal servers
- including tagging and uploading files to an internal DAM system
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically with Photoshop processes such as product cutouts, colour matching, retouching, compositing, and color reproduction
- Experience with product and still-life retouching is essential
- In-depth understanding and sensitivity to material color and variations in color tonality expected
- Sensitivity to and understanding of product proportions and scale
- Must be able to use a non-destructive editing workflow
At Article, we believe in an ?Ownership Mindset? where you'll be given autonomy and the ability to own your work. Beyond a competitive salary:
- We reward that ownership mindset, so we offer stock options after one year of employment
- With our fast growth, we have a culture of curiosity, where learning happens on the fly
- and while having a lot of fun
- Access to dental and health benefits package plus a health/lifestyle spending account for your total physical and mental well-being
- 45% discount on our products so you can experience first-hand why our customers love Article
- Your choice of state-of-the-art laptops with the tech and tools to easily collaborate
Most HQ employees are working from home due to COVID-19. When it's safe to return to the office, we have flexible solutions if you want to be in the office a lot, sometimes, or not at all.
When our office is safe to reopen, you'll love that:
- The Article HQ is a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, premium coffees and teas (and ALL the milks).
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we'd love to have them in the office too.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! For now, we've replaced them with creative virtual events for the time being
- like virtual trivia night or a cooking class through Zoom!
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you
Article is the easiest way to create a beautiful modern space.
Article started from a desire to improve efficiency and make furniture less expensive for everyone. In 2014 we had 4 employees; now we have over 700 and have been growing at about 50% yearly.
Our office and warehouse space has grown from under 15,000 sq ft to over 1,200,000 sq ft, and our yearly revenue has grown to match.
Our head office is based in Vancouver, Canada, an office in Ho Chi Minh City, and warehouses in Seattle, Los Angles, San Fransisco, Jacksonville, Austin, Dallas, Portland, Houston, Denver, Baltimore, Toronto, Boston, and New Jersey.