Requisition ID: 102856
Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Tangerine culture.
Are you the type of storyteller that can shape how people perceive your company? Do you find the challenge of preparing internal communications exhilarating? Are you a go-getter people leader that focuses on collaboration and motivated by getting the job done? Are you social media savvy and do you understand banking? If this sounds like you, we have an exciting opportunity to work closely with key executives at Tangerine.
The Senior Manager is a highly motivated individual with 7-10+ years' experience and passion for social media. This role is tasked with developing and executing the Tangerine Social Media content strategy ensuring the right mix of owned and curated, always-on content for our channels.
As the Voice of Tangerine in Social Media, you will be proactively involved in social networks. Working closely with cross-functional teams such as our Integrated Marketing, Community Investment and Sponsorship and Corporate Communications, you will bring to the table new and innovative ways to use Social Media to extend our campaigns.
The successful candidate will develop and implement social guidelines and content strategy, both in Marketing and across the Bank. The Senior Manager will report directly to the Director & Head, Corporate Communications & Community Investment
Is this role right for you?
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Lead the strategic direction, plans, delivery and oversight of our brand and reputation through social channels.
- Lead development of social media planning (organic and paid) and activation across all owned platforms
- Develop, execute and oversee Tangerine's non-campaign, social media always-on content strategy, a constant presence with our marketing channels and community platforms.
- Develop a social media influencer strategy; work with Social Media Strategist (paid media) to effectively bring the Marketing strategy to the social platforms.
- Oversee creation and execution of weekly and monthly editorial calendar.
- Measure and communicate the effectiveness of social initiatives, integrate into dashboards
- Oversee day-to-day management of social channels monitoring and responding where appropriate.
- Oversee day-to-day support of eServices associates and Learning Partners.
- Support client issues and complaints
- Work in collaboration and partnership with our Sales & Service team to respond to client issues and complaints.
- Adjust proactive social media when applicable
- Responsible for keeping abreast of evolving trends and best practices in the social media space and regularly communicating these changes/updates to internal stakeholders.
- Monitor social trends, influencers and relevant news to identify opportunities to join the social conversation and grow brand visibility
- Establish and maintain social media guidelines (policy, risk and compliance), educate key stakeholders on the policy.
- Work with Creative Services to bring the Tangerine brand to life in our social channels.
- Oversee and manage budget
- Deliver the Social Media elements of marketing campaigns on time and on budget.
- Make recommendations on the annual Social Media budget.
- Responsible for engaging employees through Tangerine social media platforms, i.e. oversight and responsibility for Post Beyond Content
- Manage and engage stakeholders to create integrated social media plans
- Establish relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g. eServices) to promote social media concepts and best practices.
- Partner with cross-functional departments to drive omni-channel social strategy that engages our clients at every touch point
- Lead and develop a team of best-in-class Social Media strategists
Skills you need to Succeed.
- University or College Degree in PR, Interactive, Communications or a Digital discipline
- Minimum 7-10 years of professional experience in Social Media
- An active participant in the Social Media sphere (blogging, discussion forums, marketing, PR, etc.)
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel
- Proficient in Social Media applications such as Hootsuite
- Knowledge of Photoshop is an asset
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
What's in it for you.
- You'll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and high-performing team
- We offer a competitive rewards package
- Performance bonus, Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching
- Health Benefits from day one!
- Office perks: free healthy snacks (chocolate is healthy, right?) subsidized on-site cafeteria and parking
- You will enjoy work life balance, team events, and opportunities to volunteer in the community.
- Your career matters! You'll get access to various training resources to enhance your skills and knowledge.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.