Sioux Lookout, ON
Full Time (Regular)
April 30, 2021 @ 4:30 pm
The Communications Coordinator reporting directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for assisting in the sharing information, both internally and externally, to educate the public about the services that Tikinagan Child and Family Services offers, the communities it serves, and the employment opportunities it has available. Qualifications Desired:
- This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants. Persons of First Nations Ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment). We invite all applicants to Self-Identify if Indigenous, Metis or Inuit.
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma in Communications and/or Website Design and/or equivalent training and experience
- Exceptional computer, internet, and website creation and maintenance skills
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and communication skills, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work effectively with Chiefs and Councils, Elders, local and area service providers, community members and staff of Tikinagan professional integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality are essential.
- Valid Ontario driver's license is an asset
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours and travel as required
- Must provide and pass a criminal record check.
All successful applicants will require an application for, or a current, Criminal Record Check(CRC). A Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) for those positions working with children will also be required. As such, it is recommended that applicants apply for a CRC & VSC as soon as possible.
***ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED***
Tikinagan Child and Family Services is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Tikinagan Child and Family Services will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Tikinagan Child and Family Services strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Tikinagan Child and Family Services will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course of employment.