StarTech.com is currently hiring a Marketing Communications Specialist to join our growing Digital Marketing team. The Marketing Communications Specialist will be responsible for the creation and dissemination of marketing communications that effectively represent the company's brand and products to existing and prospective target customers, with a strong focus on IT professionals. The Marketing Communications Specialist will lead and support projects and ongoing processes within the Digital Marketing team, and will have a strong focus on Social Media, Public Relations, Digital, and Content Marketing.
If you have a background in digital marketing and social media and are looking to join a growing team of marketing professionals, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
What will you be doing?
- In partnership with our international Public Relations agencies, you will drive the executive of StarTech.com's PR strategy while providing timely information on our products and brand.
- You will oversee StarTech.com's social media channels. This will include creating and maintaining a content calendar, writing optimized content for social media and our blog, and measuring engagement to increase StarTech.com's brand awareness among IT professionals.
- Being the first point of contact on social channels, you will respond to inquiries from media, influencers, partners, and end-users that are related to our PR and social media activities.
- While demonstrating an analytical mind and results orientation, you will report on KPIs related to StarTech.com's PR and social programs while making data-driven recommendations for improvements.
- While supporting StarTech.com's communication plan, you will write and develop content for use in digital marketing, collateral, press releases, and presentations.
- You will work closely with outside agencies and in-house support to ensure digital content is effectively translated and localized for StarTech.com's international markets.
- You will work closely with StarTech.com's customers while planning customer research activities and creating online surveys to obtain feedback from key stakeholders.
What can you bring to the table?
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications, English, or a related discipline.
- Professional certifications in Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field will be considered an asset.
- 5 years' experience in a marketing, digital marketing, communications, or PR role is preferred.
- Proven experience creating content for social channels.
- A data-driven mind with the ability to analyze metrics related to social media and engagement while making sound recommendations for improvements.
- Industry experience in consumer electronics, IT, AV, connectivity accessories, or hardware will be considered an asset but is not required.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with an acute attention to detail.
- Experience using Google Analytics will be considered an asset.
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- StarTech.com Product Discount
- Bonus Plan
- Other perks such as unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, Headspace, and more!
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada's ?Best Employers? as well as ?one of Canada's fastest growing companies? for a ninth year in a row by ?Profit 500?.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.