Working at LandSolutions will lead to big opportunities! We believe that expert service to our clients is created by the success of our people. Our working environment provides our employees with the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. We have created an environment of success through caring, and as a result, have developed a strong and highly engaged organization.
We are looking for individuals that can leverage their entrepreneurial spirit to support our growth and expansion plans. We currently have a contract position for a Proposal Writer to support our teams across all divisions.
The primary focus of the Proposal Writer is to lead in the full cycle development of Request for Proposals ("RFP's"), Request for Quotations ("RQQ's) and Request for Information ("RFI") requests.
The Proposal Writer is responsible for the coordination and management of the proposal process, from receiving a bid through until the delivery of the proposal. This includes:
- Ability to manage all bid delivery sites to ensure that all bids that are forwarded by individuals inside LS and those from identified bidding sites are received correctly
- Ability to quickly implement document control for the proper storage of bids
- Ability to "breakdown" bids into component parts, identifying deliverables, due dates, and step by step completion demands and descriptions in a document that will be disseminated to the Bidding Team
- Ability to streamline the proposal bidding and evaluation process
- Development of strategic messaging through writing and editing, submission and final debriefing for each proposal
- Project management and coordination of proposal teams to include scheduling, review of meetings, and direction/coordination of content owners
- Format and edit documents to develop visually appealing layouts that are clear, eye-catching and client-focused
- Edit content for consistency, grammar, and key messaging
- Produce final print and digital documents including delivery
- Collaborate with VP Business Development and other Divisions to develop RFP processes and strategies
- Collaboration with our stakeholders, to identify, address and rectify key technology and digital software issues
- Evaluate and determine customer needs and develop new products
- Collaborate with the leadership team on sales strategies, strategic planning, budgeting and processes
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor's degree in communications or marketing, or a combination of experience and training
- 2-3 years' experience in proposal writing in the field of oil and gas, renewable energy, or telecom industries
- Prior technical writing experience in a similar industry
- Familiarity with supply chain management and procurement platforms such as Ariba, Jaggaer, Merx, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication, along with technical writing skills
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to connect, interact and motivate others at all levels
- Able to strategize, plan and coordinate projects
- Goal and deadline oriented
- Ability to analyze and problem solve
- Excellent computer and software skills including MS Office 365 programs
Special Job Dimensions:
- Irregular hours of work may be required
- Ability to work under pressure on time sensitive projects
- Remote work available
- contract position
LandSolutions LP provides expert services in all aspects of land access, consultation, land management and environmental services across Canada. With over 100 employees and contractors, we have a well-established presence in the land and environmental industry through our 7 office locations across Canada and 2 in the United States.
We are looking for more of the best and brightest to join our committed team. If you are passionate about starting a career with LandSolutions we want to hear from you!
LandSolutions LP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all and our selection process is free from bias or discrimination. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, age, status, national origin, or disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.