Creates and implements strategies to identify, prospect, and secure business opportunities to generate sales revenue growth and penetration within specific geographic area. Responsible for achieving overall sales objectives for new account prospects, vertical market penetration, and focusing primarily on higher margin retail prospects and new business pockets within active as well as inactive accounts.
- Develops account sales plans/approaches with manager on a minimum of 20 target prospect and active accounts. Identifies prospects and develops sales strategies to secure new business focusing primarily on retail and higher gross profit margin prospects
- Call on prospective customers in assigned geographic area to establish relationships to secure new business. Build relationships with decision-makers to gain best knowledge, insights, operational needs and challenges of customer.
- Conduct sales activity such as sales calls, face to face visits, competitive analysis, coordination of presentations and proposals, in-office demonstrations, letter and email campaigns, and follow up activity, etc in order to produce the expected sales activity for revenue growth.
- Partner with recruiting teams to identify avenues for successful business in order to create synergy between the sales and service delivery components to drive revenue through successful contractor placements.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about Experis, its programs, initiatives, technology, service offerings/solutions and pricing strategy to effectively bring that knowledge to market. Partner with home office and field subject matter experts to enhance/supplement product knowledge and maximize sales opportunities.
- Conduct, or coordinate sales presentations with Branch Mgrs, Area Mgrs, and Regional Experis Directors and partner with other staff to enhance sales efforts within designated area. Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner; participating in team sales calls, proposal development, pricing presentations, consultative selling techniques and order closing strategies.
- Where needed, take responsibility for effective presentation of submittals and negotiations in order to increase the success rate of filling the orders from a new customer.
- Meet with manager on a weekly basis (or as requested by manager) to review/coordinate sales efforts to ensure continued focus and success in meeting and exceeding individual and area sales activity and revenue targets set by manager. Prepare periodic reports as necessary.
- Develop strategic solution oriented sales plans to increase business within key accounts and partners with field management to implement. This includes selling strategic product and service offerings/solutions and negotiating pricing strategy as determined by manager.
- Engage and coordinate the Field Organization to maximize revenue opportunities and drive customer satisfaction with new customers.
- Evaluate competitor products, services and delivery to identify opportunities and develop sales strategies/plans to enhance Manpower's value to the customer and thereby increase revenue.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or Marketing or Technology field.. Successful services related experience may substitute.
- Minimum of 3 years proven outside direct sales experience preferred with focus in consultative and solution oriented services sales.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following industries: IT, Engineering, Telecommunications, Scientific, Financial.
- Understanding of technical/professional services staffing industry experience is preferred.
- Proven experience in developing sales strategies, conducting cold calls, making sales presentations, closing techniques and developing service and pricing proposals.
- Ability to interact, listen, influence and partner in a professional and engaging manner with high level decision-makers (e.g., VP IT, CFO, Dir of R & D, CIO, etc)
- Demonstrated success working in fast-paced, highly competitive, deadline oriented environment.
- Self-motivated individual with proven ability to pro-actively manage multiple accounts/demands/resources in a team oriented as well as a results oriented manner.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Ability to establish and build relationships effectively within all levels of management at Experis and within customer accounts.
- Ability to develop and work effectively in team environments.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, initiative, and creativity with the ability to identify and convey successful sales/marketing approaches and techniques.
- PC and Internet skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
ManpowerGroup is an EOE/AA/Vets/Disabled Employer
Job: Sales/Retail/Business Development