Have a passion for protecting and nurturing a beloved brand? Love team collaboration? We may have the role for you!
Under the direction of the Director, Marketing & Fan Engagement, this role is an integral part to plan and deliver marketing and brand initiatives to Rider Nation and all external stakeholders.
This role will serve in a cross functional role, directly and indirectly supporting all key business verticals while focusing on coordinating resource allotment and brand enhancement.
The Manager, Marketing & Community Relations will also lead a small team of talented, passionate Marketing specialty roles that will be key in execution of these initiatives.
Where will your talents be focused? (includes but is not limited to):
- Responsible for project management regarding all marketing needs of the club
- Leading in the development, adoption and team responsible for execution of social media strategies and tactics on an annual, monthly and weekly basis to support Rider marketing and communication needs
- Developing marketing plans that include objectives, strategies, tactics and measurement components for key business streams
- Proactively developing creative programs to drive revenue streams, digital traffic, fan engagement, fan rewards, data acquisition and sales conversion
- Leading Community program growth, development, budget management
- Developing and managing community outreach programs and game entertainment teams
- Proactively leading and executing marketing and communication programs to support partnership activations while working hand in hand with corporate partner teams and external agencies
- Leading the strategy and execution for email marketing for the club
- Assisting in marketing research as needed including survey design and communication support for execution and maintenance
- Working closely with external creative and digital agencies including graphic design, web and app development
- Measuring marketing program effectiveness and impact by demonstrated experience in analyzing data and reporting on findings
- Understanding market trends and applying them when appropriate through research and professional development opportunities
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
What's needed to be successful in this role?
- Demonstrated experience in a Marketing management role for a minimum of 5 years paired with a completion of secondary education, specializing in Marketing.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing.
- Lead the development of seasonal campaign executions that will aid in meeting the objectives of the club.
- Talent for developing and executing overarching marketing strategy as well as program specific marketing plans.
- Strong communication skills to oversee the voice of the brand on all external channels including riderville.com
- Detail oriented with great time management skills to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Through leadership of a creative team, willing to push the limits on design trends to continually evolve the brand
- Solution focused approach with a passion to seek out information and approach challenges with a methodical approach
- Promotes a culture of trust, integrity and open communications while demonstrating strong interpersonal skills to develop a positive team environment
- Passion and drive reflective in all work
- Flexibility to work irregular hours when needed, such as game days or outside of core hours during peak periods.
What do we commit to you?
- Opportunity to contribute to the success of one of Canada's largest brands and an organization that is a cornerstone of our province and Rider Nation.
- Opportunity to support of both the Club and the Saskatchewan Roughrider Foundation which provide countless community initiatives and program that support the children and residents of Saskatchewan.
- The passion of being part of something much bigger than all of us. The Saskatchewan Roughriders have a dedicated and passionate fan base, and at the Riders, we strive to work hard to support and grow the team and organization.
- Gain of demonstrated, immersive experience in a fast-paced organization and team.
- Comprehensive benefits, pension and Rider specific perks package
- Unbeatable work location. Pending provincial health guidelines, you will be set up directly out of Mosaic Stadium and be fully immersed in the Rider experience.
- Flexibility of time, work location dependent on workload and project timing
Wondering what to expect when working for the Riders?
Our employees are empowered to make a difference not only in the community, but in our business operations as well. It is our ?secret? to a happy workplace. To do that, the Riders foster a culture that values respect, teamwork, hustle, hard work and fun (it is football after all!).
The Saskatchewan Roughriders are advocates for equity and inclusion and want our workforce to reflect the diversity that makes our province strong. YOU are Rider Nation, and we want the growth of our team to reflect all the amazing talents Saskatchewan has to offer.
We acknowledge the time and effort that is required to apply and thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.