SJR is looking for a social storyteller to lead content creation and community management for a variety of our clients, with subject matter ranging from food and drink to wellness, automotive and financial services.
Our Social Media Managers are executional strategists, equal parts client counsellor, content creator, project manager, problem-solver and operations manager. They implement day-to-day client contact and account operations and are able to manage the day-to-day social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn), pivoting based on data and client insights.
The Social Media Manager is an experienced do-er who rolls up their sleeves to uphold the highest standards and setting the tone for the overall experience of working with SJR.
Social Content Management & Strategy (60%)
- Lead end-to-end quality control and flawless execution of creative and editorial social media content production through best practices
- Manage overall social media content calendar and execute against it, including developing content concepts from idea to completion, scheduling posts and reacting to users
- Execute content strategy, including content mix, partner content, UGC, and on-site event coverage
- Oversee aesthetic, tone and content types for each channel following established best practices
- Capture and respond with content in real time, along with scheduled posts, and collaborate with our internal and client teams and freelancers to cover planned events
- Research and stay abreast of social innovations, along with changes to the algorithms and opportunities to optimize each channel
- Serve as a liaison with client, partners, and agency, and coordinate efforts with other content programs for the brand
- Report on the data and craft insights to develop recommendations and increase engagement and reach to qualified audiences
- Community management: Engage consumers online to drive favorable brand conversations and work with client to respond to queries and concerns with speed and judgment
Account Management (30%)
- Runs day-to-day client communication and account administration, including:
- Be key client contact on matters ranging from approach to timings, deliverables, issues, budget and new opportunities with support from client lead
- Writing timely emails, picking up the phone when necessary, being proactive about in-person meetings, assisting with presentations, sending reports and agendas, etc.
- Manage project timelines and communicate deadlines and deliverables, working up and down within the team to ensure expectations are met
- Demonstrate strategic thinking by keeping abreast of client's business, industry, audiences and competitive environment to build a comprehensive understanding of the inputs that affect their business and keeping the internal team apprised of new developments
- Able to demonstrate problem solving skills when dealing with client requests & issues; escalating as necessary and creating transparency around health of the relationship
- Shape polished presentations and ability to present to clients, whether on concepts, a content strategy, a budget, etc.
- in person or in a document
- Support administrative tasks, including invoicing and payment collection, drafting MSAs, compliance with SOWs, maintaining revenue forecasts, budgeting, vendor set-up and budget management and reconciliation
- Establish good relationships and communications across the agency and with its partners
- Business Development (10%)
- Be an active part of the business development function, identifying potential opportunities for organic growth within existing clients
- Participate in pitch development and presentations as required
- Minimum of 1+ years' social media management experience (agency setting preferred) with large to blue-chip client (preferred)
- Experience in professional client relationship management
- Demonstrated ability to plan and strategize
- Keen eye with attention to aesthetic and detail
- An understanding of editorial strategy and experience of implementing it across a variety of platforms and channels
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to sell concepts and strategy to current and prospective clients
- Strong communication and leadership skills, with the ability to mentor and nurture your team
- Commitment to continuous improvement with a demonstrated drive to respond to feedback through an iterative review process
- Exceptionally personable and positive
- Proven ability to approach business with confidence and awareness