SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Social Media Specialist
Overall Responsibility: Check in members as they arrive for their scheduled workout block, inform members of updated Fitness Centre policies and procedures, cleaning of equipment and high touch points and to be available to assist members with fitness related questions.
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy across all JCCGVFitness social platforms, including Buffer, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube
- Create and manage a monthly social media calendar in collaboration with the Fitness Director and Assistant Fitness Director
- Create, post and share compelling social media content (text, images, and video) that aligns with channel-specific goals and best practices, working closely with the fitness team
- Use creative and tactical trends to drive social growth and engagement
- Responds to online reviews and proactively monitors, listen and responds to users, acting as our voice and engaging in conversations via social channels
- Measure and report on social strategies based on key metrics, content and campaign performance and provide suggestions for content optimization
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social Media campaigns under the supervision of the Fitness Director and Assistant Fitness Director
- Leverage social to build and strengthen relationships with community members and social and criminal justice innovators
- Monitor the Fitness Centre while on shift and be available for member questions or concerns; informing immediate supervisor when necessary.
- Check members in as they arrive for their pre-registered workout block, educating them on any updated policies or procedures
- Maintaining cleanliness of Fitness Centre and assisting maintenance with cleaning rotations.
- Help Assistant Fitness Director and Fitness Director as needed.
Experience & Abilities:
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience in a customer service related industry
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
- Passion for personal health and wellness and has had personal or professional experience navigating a gym.
- Current First Aid and CPR,
- Criminal record check (covered by JCC at time of hire)
- 1yr minimum social media strategy experience
Sunday (every other week) 9am
Start Date: Immediately
Please submit a cover letter and resume
Subject line: Social Media Specialist
Thank you for your submission, however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver, 950 W. 41st Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5Z 2N7; Phone: 604.257.5111
Job Type: Part-time
- $18.00 per hour
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Application deadline: 2021-04-06