The Granite Club is looking for a creative Graphic Designer with a strong eye for current design trends to join our Communications team! The successful candidate will be responsible for conceptualizing and presenting design work of promotional and business materials including posters, brochures, menus, online graphics, photography and much more!
Benefits of working for the Club
- Healthy and delicious complementary daily food offerings in our Staff Caf.
- Extensive medical and dental benefits for Employees and their families
- Complimentary indoor parking
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness and GTA yoga studio memberships
- An Employee Wellness Program focused on both physical and mental health
- Exciting discounts on the Club's retail and spa products and services
- Employee amenities including a comfortable Employee resting lounge, Employee on-site gym,free wi-fi and Employee computer stations
- Maintains the highest level of quality, accuracy, consistency and appropriateness in all Club communications
- Creates, updates and improves design, layout and production processes for a wide variety of print and digital promotions and business materials; ensures visuals are kept fresh and current
- Meticulously follows corporate brand guidelines and ensures all output follows Club format and standards and protects brand identity
- Provides professional and friendly service and support to Members and many busy internal departments
- Works with appropriate suppliers to develop high-quality communications material
- Conducts research into conceptualization, design and production best practices
- Generates illustrations, photography, graphics, etc. as needed
- Creates motion graphics, web graphics and other special projects as needed
- Works with the Communications team to develop marketing strategies
- Ensures measurement systems are included in all projects and ongoing activities to ensure our tactics deliver measurable results
- Assists in training fellow Communications team members in departmental duties
- Degree or diploma in graphic design or related field
- 3-5 years' related professional experience in a communications marketing or agency environment
- Meticulous attention to detail required
- Proficient in a Mac environment with extensive skills in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Adobe Lightroom, PDF form creation and optimization, Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and more
- Willingness and ability to learn new software a must
- Keen eye and deep understanding for design, visual aesthetic and branding; various design types and genres; typography; design history and current trends
- Strong knowledge of colour systems, artwork preparation and the print production process; follows best practices in design and production
- Exceptional organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills; project management and multitasking; working independently and as part of a team
- Exemplary interpersonal and customer service skills; maturity, positive attitude and demonstrated success in liaising with many busy stakeholders
- Process-driven, highly accountable and sense of urgency and deliverables; ability to thrive in an office that is fast-paced, challenging and evolving
- Assets: video editing; digital screen software; illustration/drawing skills; creation of motion graphics; photography and photo editing skills
About the Club
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada's premier private Members' family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We'll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
If you are a passionate individual looking to work as part of an established team,
click apply now!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment
The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.