Giant Tiger is a dynamic retailer, offering our customers outstanding value for your family's money on a variety of products for everyday household needs. You will find a unique and friendly place to shop, where you can discover something new in fashion, home and grocery every day. We are Canadian owned and operated with a strong commitment to the communities in which we operate. Giant Tiger is a solid retailer and employer of choice with over 50 years of success.
We continue to grow and expand and need individuals seeking a challenging and interesting career. We are looking for a dynamic individual who enjoys the challenge and fast pace of the marketing industry and wishes to pursue a successful career in this field. In this role, you will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Creative Services, your focus will be to layout and design our flyer. Your positive, team-oriented attitude will allow you to propose new ideas to improve our flyer and contribute to many other projects within marketing.
- Design and execution of various projects with a focus on the flyer and also including: interior signs, in-store materials, packaging, newspaper ads and more.
- With experience, lead a flyer from start to finish, design and production of all pages in all regions.
- Follow brand standards, established creative direction and interpret briefs to ensure projects remain on brand and on spec.
- Follow established timelines, workflow processes ensuring that files are efficient, labeled and stored correctly, follow naming conventions and are print ready.
- Complete print-ready projects in various languages as needed, i.e. French and bilingual versions, regional zones, etc.
- Make all corrections and revisions through the proofing process, preparing files for print for various projects as listed above.
- Help your fellow team as needed on various projects at various levels.
- 5 years of work experience as a print-focused creative designer who is passionate about composition, typography and marketing.
- Strong typography, layout/design, composition and pre-flight skills, photo/art direction an asset.
- Experience with Indesign, Photoshop and CC on a mac platform and print environment.
- Experience in retail advertising an asset, web experience not necessary.
- Applicants with a strong print background will be considered. Interested applicants must submit a portfolio along with their resume in order to be considered for this position.